PDA

View Full Version : How many of you visit the fret from work?

Jimi75
April 12th, 2007, 03:48 AM
I was just wondering, how many of us visit the fret from work.
I spend 8 hours in an office most of the time and I have the fret open on a tab.

THE FRET has safed many of my days, especially in the low season when orders come rarely and the phone barely rings.

ted s
April 12th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Yes, too often.. ;)................

warren0728
April 12th, 2007, 05:51 AM
well i work at home so yeah...i guess you could say i visit from work....even though i'm visiting from home at the same time!

ww

elavd
April 12th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Me too, almost every day...:D

Lev
April 12th, 2007, 06:34 AM
me too, I think our web guys might block the site at the proxy server if I don't cut back :o

duhvoodooman
April 12th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Yes, too often.. ;)................
+1!! :eek: :D DVM's invisible character filler

Jimi75
April 12th, 2007, 06:55 AM
You know guys, the cool aspect is that we get paid for talking music - isn't that something, he?!?!?!?!

:R

sunvalleylaw
April 12th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Yep, I do. Sometimes too much. I try to save it til break times and lunch. It does liven up and brighten up my day!

warren0728
April 12th, 2007, 07:12 AM
You know guys, the cool aspect is that we get paid for talking music - isn't that something, he?!?!?!?!
hey speak for yourself...when i'm talking music....i'm not doing client work so i am not making money :eek: dang just loss another buck!! :D

ww

sunvalleylaw
April 12th, 2007, 08:55 AM
hey speak for yourself...when i'm talking music....i'm not doing client work so i am not making money :eek: dang just loss another buck!! :D

ww

Yep, Warren, same problem here. I have access all day long, but when I am hangin' here, I am not billing, or getting my client work done. That is why I am trying to limit it to breaks. When I first get here, I line out my day and check in here, maybe between 8:30 and 9:00. Maybe a "coffee break" morning (between 10 and 10:30) and afternoon (2:30, 3ish) , and a check in at lunch, or maybe on the way out the door after 5:00. If you guys see me surfing around at other times during the work day feel free to tell me to get back to work! LOL! If I leave it open all day, it is too easy to procrastinate, or get distracted.

Tone2TheBone
April 12th, 2007, 09:24 AM
HEY I'm MULTITASKING!

Yes I come here during verk hours. shhhhhhhhhhh

ShortBuSX
April 12th, 2007, 12:30 PM
40 hours a week here!:D

Ive even got a guitar and amp here!:DR

Mark
April 12th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Since the nerve center of Mark's Plumbing Service is located in an office deep within the Rancho Costa Mucho compound. I have been known to log in during the day to see what the haps are. :DR

Tim
April 12th, 2007, 02:40 PM
I use to visit from work ... but I don't go there any more. So all visits to the Fret Net are from home, at the present time.

Tone2TheBone
April 12th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Hey Tim what are you doing home you should be out fishin' in your retirement! ;)

kerc
April 13th, 2007, 04:44 AM
No, I work while visiting TheFret.net, and other forums.

;)

Tim
April 15th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Hi Tone and Other Fretters – Sorry to get back to your question so late. I have not had the time to think about retirement so far. The first week of retirement (April 2007) I spent sitting in a chair looking at my wife in a hospital bed. I had to take her to the emergency room on Sunday April 1st. We spent 8 lovely hours there. After I threaten to remove her from the hospital myself, they decided to admit her.

She was suffering from bad headaches, sore neck and shoulder muscles and heaviness in the chest. They focused on the heaviness and the testing started from there. They performed every test there is for heart attach and stroke. They never listened to my wife about how intense the headache was.

After all was said and done, they doctors released her several days later not knowing what the problem really was. There is a virus going around which attacks the muscles in the chest and shoulders. I believe she had this and a super migraine.

Last week my daughter had the same symptoms, so I helped with taking her to the doctors and playing doctor/nurse by feeding and making sure she took her medicine.

I also had a death in the family last week, so I had to go out of town for the funeral.

How’ retirement you may ask? I don’t know. Maybe I’ll fine out this coming week, if nothing else happens. I want to try and learn to do some home recording. I will need to research the forum to see what’s been shared so far from other Fretters.

ted s
April 15th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Sorry to hear this Tim, hope thing turn around soon for you and your family.

warren0728
April 15th, 2007, 12:29 PM
man tim...you quit working and all h3ll breaks loose!

hope things get better for ya!

ww

SuperSwede
April 15th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Tim, I´m really sorry to hear about your situation! I hope that you and your family will get well soon!
Next time you need to visit the hospital, be sure to bring your telecaster. Tell the doctor that you will perform the dreaded "Townshend Attack" on him if he doesnt help out.

tot_Ou_tard
April 15th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Fret addicted freaks....:D;)

Me I stay away from it at work.....mostly. :rolleyes:

Jimi75
April 16th, 2007, 01:51 AM
@TIM:

I am sorry to hear about your current situation, but I am sure that things will get better soon.

Regards
Jimi

tot_Ou_tard
April 16th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Hi Tone and Other Fretters – Sorry to get back to your question so late. I have not had the time to think about retirement so far. The first week of retirement (April 2007) I spent sitting in a chair looking at my wife in a hospital bed. I had to take her to the emergency room on Sunday April 1st. We spent 8 lovely hours there. After I threaten to remove her from the hospital myself, they decided to admit her.

She was suffering from bad headaches, sore neck and shoulder muscles and heaviness in the chest. They focused on the heaviness and the testing started from there. They performed every test there is for heart attach and stroke. They never listened to my wife about how intense the headache was.

After all was said and done, they doctors released her several days later not knowing what the problem really was. There is a virus going around which attacks the muscles in the chest and shoulders. I believe she had this and a super migraine.

Last week my daughter had the same symptoms, so I helped with taking her to the doctors and playing doctor/nurse by feeding and making sure she took her medicine.

I also had a death in the family last week, so I had to go out of town for the funeral.

How’ retirement you may ask? I don’t know. Maybe I’ll fine out this coming week, if nothing else happens. I want to try and learn to do some home recording. I will need to research the forum to see what’s been shared so far from other Fretters.

How is your family doing now, Tim?

sunvalleylaw
April 16th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Yes, sorry you have been going through a rough time and hope it is resolving.

Tone2TheBone
April 16th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Tim - I'm sorry too! I hope everything works out for all of you!

Tim
April 16th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks for all who have asked how things are.

Everything is slowly getting back to normal. What is normal by the way?

The wife is back to work. The symptoms are 99% gone. The daughter is also over her sickness, but her employer let her go this morning when she went back to work. She missed 5 days of work. Her manager told her to stay home last Thursday and Friday and to get well. Today they said she was unreliable. Not good when you’re a single mom with two kids.

I hate Florida!!! Do you hear me Warren???? I hate Florida!!!

It happened to my wife 3 years ago with 12 years of tenure with the County. It is a “at will work state”. Which means they can let you go if you happen to forget to brush your teeth. They need not have rime or reason to fire you.

Me ? … I am still trying to find time to do what I want to do. Play guitar without being bothered. My time will come soon enough. Yea, play guitar and move out of Florida.

warren0728
April 16th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I hate Florida!!! Do you hear me Warren???? I hate Florida!!!
sometimes i am right there with you brutha!

ww

Tim
April 16th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks bro! I am calmed down now ... some.

pie_man_25
April 23rd, 2007, 05:30 PM
wow, all I can rwally say is, in order to look at the fret from work, you must fisrst have a job. right now, nobody wants to employ a fifteen year old without any work experience, which is why I rely on pennysavers, to give me the pennies they have saved on non-unionised child labour. plus my uncle in Kingsville has a farm, so I might do some corn-detassling over the summer, and my other uncle is starting a DJ business, which I may also participate in. Right now, I'm looking for anything peoplewill give me.

tot_Ou_tard
April 23rd, 2007, 07:18 PM
wow, all I can rwally say is, in order to look at the fret from work, you must fisrst have a job. right now, nobody wants to employ a fifteen year old without any work experience, which is why I rely on pennysavers, to give me the pennies they have saved on non-unionised child labour. plus my uncle in Kingsville has a farm, so I might do some corn-detassling over the summer, and my other uncle is starting a DJ business, which I may also participate in. Right now, I'm looking for anything peoplewill give me.
You've got a whole life to work pieman!

More pie & less work I say!!

Big_Rob
May 3rd, 2007, 01:37 PM
Im here at werk right now. 9 hours a day and 3 on sat.

zeusse
May 3rd, 2007, 09:04 PM
I actually haven't been here enough....sorry....but I'll try to get in more busy with a band again and time is even shorter

pie_man_25
May 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
You've got a whole life to work pieman!

More pie & less work I say!!

yes but without work, I would be absent of money, and without money, I wouldn't be able to afford pie.

SuperSwede
May 6th, 2007, 01:37 AM
yes but without work, I would be absent of money, and without money, I wouldn't be able to afford pie.

... and if you dont eat pie you would quickly lose your strength, and you would not be able to go to work.. its a very destructive circle, you should try to cut down on the pie.

pie_man_25
May 6th, 2007, 08:07 PM
yes but, oh crap, that's a paradox! maybe I should cut down on the stuff, I see how it's ruining my life. I have a problem, maybe I should go to pie-aholics anonymous.

Brian Krashpad
May 11th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Work... ???

Yes.

Hope things are going better for Tim!