PDA

View Full Version : Epiphone Aj-45 - El-00

Justaguyin_nc
April 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I got the bug again...

I want an acoustic to beat around on the porch this summer, forget it outside over night by the hammock etc.. always wanted a Gibsonish type acoustic... sooo..
I finally narrowed it down to two of them and was wondering if anyone here has first hand knowledge on either?

Epiphone Limited Edition 1963 AJ-45 $299.00

This is a full Dreadnought type with soft shoulders and a solid spruce top.. I assume it's voiced like it's big brother from Gibson and would be a good all around guitar. Being a limited model, I assume I don't have much time to waste on this one.. But at the same time I wonder if I will try to baby it due to the fact its a limited? whatcha Think?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-1963-AJ45-Round-Shoulder-Dreadnought-Acoustic?sku=512540

Epiphone El-00 $349.00

This one takes you back to the parlors and the 1930's.. leaning on the design of the old Gibson L-00, comes with a solid spruce top. Seems to get some good reviews online for the tone. The widest part is larger than the L-00 and they say it has some bass, but not like a full size Dread. I am thinking this is the size for knocking around outside with.. and some old blues and ragtime sounds.. whatcha think?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-EL00-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518369

Justaguyin_nc
April 15th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Man, I am sooo confused.. I am also looking at the John Lennon Epi.. ej-160e! What a pretty guitar... but soooo BIG...

pie_man_25
April 22nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
I'm not looking for one, I have a spanish one I already love, they're friggin' awesome.

Ro3b
May 2nd, 2007, 02:48 PM
Once I've got my amp situation sorted out, I think my next major purpose is going to be a smaller-bodied acoustic for fingerstyle stuff. Something that doesn't take a lot of driving to make sing like my bigass Guild does. That EL-00 looks like just the thing for me.

Although... hm. The AJ-45 comes in red.

tot_Ou_tard
May 2nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
Once I've got my amp situation sorted out, I think my next major purpose is going to be a smaller-bodied acoustic for fingerstyle stuff. Something that doesn't take a lot of driving to make sing like my bigass Guild does. That EL-00 looks like just the thing for me.

Although... hm. The AJ-45 comes in red.
I don't have an acoustic & am presently in a confused state as to whether my next guitar should be a new electric (semihollow P90s is the current GAS inducer) or an acoustic.

Fingerstyle all the way!

No beating up & leaving on the porch, however.

guitartist
May 14th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I don't have an acoustic & am presently in a confused state as to whether my next guitar should be a new electric (semihollow P90s is the current GAS inducer) or an acoustic.

Fingerstyle all the way!

No beating up & leaving on the porch, however.

You've GOTTA get an acoustic, I tell ya! They're a much different animal from the electric, but I guarantee it will help your electric playing too.

Epiphone makes a lot of fine acoustics....I used to have an Epi acoustic (sorry, can't remember what exact model it was...it actually belonged to my wife, but I kept it when we split up - traded her a piece of furniture for it).
Unfortunately I left that acoustic in front of a space-heater one night , and it completely dried out the wood and ruined the sound. WAAAUUGH!

oldguy
June 2nd, 2007, 07:11 AM
Epi AJ-45 limited edition...

The black or cherry ones (but NOT sunburst) are the Stupid Deal at MF today...$249.00, if anyones still interested.