PDA

View Full Version : Mack amp Heatseeker - Canadian handwired tube amp!

Robert
April 12th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Just found this - and they are made in Canada. (good for me...;) )

http://www.mackamps.com

Check out the site and listen to the clips. $899 for an 18 watter with EL-84s. That cab looks great too.

What's your thoughts?

snarph
April 12th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Well if I lived a lot further north that could be a good thing but with shipping and such that would be to much for me

Robert
June 12th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I am getting more and more interested in the Heatseeker!

What you guys think of the sound clips?

The amp has Marshall 1974x design to it, but with more headroom. Sounds just like what I need! I have had my eyes set on the Maz 18, but my head keeps turning towards the Heatseeker! :D

Tone2TheBone
June 12th, 2007, 10:54 AM
How much would you be paying for a Maz 18 shipped to your home? What about the Heatseeker how much is the shipping from wherever they are in Canada to your door?

Robert
June 12th, 2007, 11:09 AM
I just called the music store in Edmonton. That is the only way I can buy one new - Dr Z use their dealers only.

Maz Senior 38 Head - $1895
Stangray $1950
Dr Maz 18 NR Head - $1350 (this is the one I want)

Time to wait: 5-7 months!! Ahhh! No Fun!

The wait for the Heatseeker I don't know. Will ask. Shipping wouldn't be that bad, I wouldn't think.

Robert
June 13th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Well, I couldn't help myself - I ordered one!

Will get it in August! With a buffered effects loop! :D :D :D :D

sunvalleylaw
June 13th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Well, I couldn't help myself - I ordered one!

Will get it in August! With a buffered effects loop! :D :D :D :D

Good for you Robert! I will be excited to hear it with your new Strat!

Robert
June 13th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Me too! It's basically a Marshall 1974 with some twists. It has more headroom for one thing.

I asked for the effects loop since I do want to use my Lexicon reverb and possibly other units in the future.

If I don't like the amp, I can always ship it back. A great thing for me is that the builder is in Canada.

Tone2TheBone
June 13th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Heck yes man congrats! Crank that sucker!

Robert
August 30th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Well, my handwired tube amp is being delayed. (sniffles) A month or so.

But it's for a good reason. There is an "upgrade" happening to the design, and it's probably a good idea to wait for the final version. It will be a better looking and more durable amp.

I am not in a big hurry, except for GAS and eagerness to crank that sukker! :DR

It'd better be worth the wait!

Katastrophe
August 30th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Awesome! I can't wait to see/hear the clips that you make with that bad boy cranked.

Justaguyin_nc
September 4th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Robert, keeping true to your forum.. you found a great price.. hope it sounds as good as those clips on their site... congrats... looks like 18 watts is getting alot of attention ....