PDA

View Full Version : Joined the acoustic club

Matt
January 11th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Well I had a pleasant suprise to find a guitar on my doorstep that I had thought had been cancelled and had been reimbursed for. No matter, I love the thing, and havnt been able able to put it down since- even in school :P

It is a Crafter FX-550EQ in a rather dashing purple colour, and it sounds heavenly- well to me anyhow. Needed a major tune as you might expect, but the action is just fine, and the strings even sound nice. The onboard EQ is pretty responsive and can achive varied sounds pretty nicely- but (newbie question here) can someone explain what a phase switch does? In my view it makes it sound nicer, but I don't actually know why!

Anyhoo, I'll record some stuff in the next few days and upload when its working and see what you think.

Regards

Matt

p.s. uploaded heartbeats intro- great track by Jose Gonzalez. excuses for sloppy playing- but its hard! i will upload some more later.

Adam
January 11th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Sounds like a good guitar Matt, i listened to the intro sample.
http://www.guitarworlduk.com/shop/images/246.jpg

Looks good too, i'm assuming its the same as that? :D

Matt
January 11th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Cheers again Adam. very similar except that its is a proper purple and not blue. if i can find my digital camera I will post a pic :D

regards

Matt

Tone2TheBone
January 11th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Matt,

Yeah post pics I wanna see. If its that guitar that Adam posted thats sweet. Looks like a bigger bodied (thin body) acoustic electric. If it is then you've got a great guitar there. It will sound really good acoustically if it's got the bigger body and will naturally dial in with the preamp and eq when in plugged in mode. Not familiar with a phase switch though. I'll do a search online for that guitar and see if I can learn something. Also thanks for recording it for us. Well done.