PDA

View Full Version : Two Blues CD's I'm currently enjoying....

duhvoodooman
April 13th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I picked up the following two CD's at Amazon recently, and have really been enjoying them:

Blues Deluxe - Joe Bonamassa. This release has been around for a while (2003), but is the first Bonamassa CD I've purchased, after enjoying a lot of his clips on YouTube. Man, this guy is one impressive player. Great versatility as a blues player--electric, acoustic, slide, slow & soulful or blistering-fast. He's an excellent blues singer, too. From what I've heard thusfar, I'd have to consider Joe the best blues guitar talent to come along since SRV.

Full Circle - Walter Trout & guest artists. Here's the veteran blues guitarist (Canned Heat, John Mayall, his own band) with an impressive line up of guest players in a smokin' collection of electric blues. They're mostly other guitar players, but also include keyboardists, harp players, bassists, vocalists & a drummer. Notable names include John Mayall, Coco Montoya, Jeff Healey, Bernard Allison (Luther's son), Eric Sardinas and Joe Bonamassa, among others. These aren't just a bunch of "big names" brought into the studio to play with Walter on the CD, but rather guys he's actually played with over the years and counts as personal friends. Cool stuff!

sunvalleylaw
April 13th, 2007, 09:36 AM
So it sounds like you would rec Blues Deluxe for a first Bonamassa album? I don't own one yet. The other sounds good too!

I picked up the following two CD's at Amazon recently, and have really been enjoying them:

Blues Deluxe - Joe Bonamassa. This release has been around for a while (2003), but is the first Bonamassa CD I've purchased, after enjoying a lot of his clips on YouTube. Man, this guy is one impressive player. Great versatility as a blues player--electric, acoustic, slide, slow & soulful or blistering-fast. He's an excellent blues singer, too. From what I've heard thusfar, I'd have to consider Joe the best blues guitar talent to come along since SRV.

Full Circle - Walter Trout & guest artists. Here's the veteran blues guitarist (Canned Heat, John Mayall, his own band) with an impressive line up of guest players in a smokin' collection of electric blues. They're mostly other guitar players, but also include keyboardists, harp players, bassists, vocalists & a drummer. Notable names include John Mayall, Coco Montoya, Jeff Healey, Bernard Allison (Luther's son), Eric Sardinas and Joe Bonamassa, among others. These aren't just a bunch of "big names" brought into the studio to play with Walter on the CD, but rather guys he's actually played with over the years and counts as personal friends. Cool stuff!

duhvoodooman
April 13th, 2007, 09:59 AM
So it sounds like you would rec Blues Deluxe for a first Bonamassa album?
Yup, for sure! Great way to start your JB collection!

marnold
April 13th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I snagged a couple of Bonamassa discs from eMusic. I got "You and Me" and "Had to Cry Today." I like "You and Me" a lot better. He switched to a Les Paul for this album, so his tone is much growlier than previous albums.

Tone2TheBone
April 13th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Joe's fwiggin' killer. If you haven't seen these yet check them out also...watch them all.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TxZS4rMdJN0&mode=related&search=