PDA

View Full Version : Genuine TS-808 Vintage Tone at a Bargain Price!!

duhvoodooman
April 13th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Looking for a genuine Tube Screamer overdrive pedal without the big price tag? Well, consider my Zonkin' Yellow Screamer's "little brother"--DVM's Screamin' Banshee! This pedal is built upon a faithful reproduction of the original TS-808 circuit design, so compare it directly to the Ibanez TS-808 reissue, which sells for $170! But for a mere C-note, you get all the vintage analog Tube Screamer tone, plus much more:

Honest-to-goodness true bypass - No funny semantics games here. When the pedal is off, it's circuitry is mechanically isolated from your signal path via the 3PDT stomp switch. Tone-sucking is a physical impossibility.
Flexibility - Instead of a "hard-wired" IC chip (a.k.a. "opamp"), the pedal has an IC socket and you get four compatible opamps with the pedal, including the JRC4558D used in the original TS-808, the popular TI RC4558P chip used by several "boo-teek" OD pedal makers, and a couple more to boot! Swap 'em in & out and see which one you like best!
Upgraded components - I've substituted better quality versions for several of the electronic components to give improved performance consistency and a lower noise baseline. Upgrades include the previously mentioned true-bypass stomp switch, 1% tolerance metal film resistors, and metallized PET film caps replacing the stock NP electrolytics.
Asymmetric signal clipping - This clipping mode is very popular in many of the boutique Screamer clones, and for good reason. By using different silicon diode arrangements for the positive and negative signal clipping, you get increased even-order harmonics that give a smoother, somewhat richer tone, often described as more "tube-like" and musical. Whatever you call it, it sure sounds good to me and I use this arrangement in my personal TS-808 clone.
Exclusivity - You won't find one of these on every other pedalboard you look at! Check out the cool metal-flake green paint job and purple decaling, and the compact enclosure that will fit almost any place.
Hand-built workmanship & attention to quality - No cookie-cutter production line knockoff here. Every single solder point done by hand and individually checked. And, of course, I did a full functionality test on the finished pedal, using my favorite SRV tunes! :DR
The pedal is all built, tested and ready to ship (see photos below). Doesn't have the switchable options of my "top-of-the-line" Zonkin' Yellow Screamer pedal, but then again it's a heckuva lot cheaper!! Power via 9V adapter or battery (not included).

Price: $100 including shipping anywhere in the continental US. Payment by PayPal or money order only. Contact me by PM if you're interested!

Danzego
April 13th, 2007, 11:32 AM
I sure hope you'll still be making these things when I'm not so broke. :(

stingx
April 13th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Looking for a genuine Tube Screamer overdrive pedal without the big price tag? Well, consider my Zonkin' Yellow Screamer's "little brother"--DVM's Screamin' Banshee! This pedal is built upon a faithful reproduction of the original TS-808 circuit design, so compare it directly to the Ibanez TS-808 reissue, which sells for $170! But for a mere C-note, you get all the vintage analog Tube Screamer tone, plus much more:

Honest-to-goodness true bypass - No funny semantics games here. When the pedal is off, it's circuitry is mechanically isolated from your signal path via the 3PDT stomp switch. Tone-sucking is a physical impossibility.
Flexibility - Instead of a "hard-wired" IC chip (a.k.a. "opamp"), the pedal has an IC socket and you get four compatible opamps with the pedal, including the JRC4558D used in the original TS-808, the popular TI RC4558P chip used by several "boo-teek" OD pedal makers, and a couple more to boot! Swap 'em in & out and see which one you like best!
Upgraded components - I've substituted better quality versions for several of the electronic components to give improved performance consistency and a lower noise baseline. Upgrades include the previously mentioned true-bypass stomp switch, 1% tolerance metal film resistors, and metallized PET film caps replacing the stock NP electrolytics.
Asymmetric signal clipping - This clipping mode is very popular in many of the boutique Screamer clones, and for good reason. By using different silicon diode arrangements for the positive and negative signal clipping, you get increased even-order harmonics that give a smoother, somewhat richer tone, often described as more "tube-like" and musical. Whatever you call it, it sure sounds good to me and I use this arrangement in my personal TS-808 clone.
Exclusivity - You won't find one of these on every other pedalboard you look at! Check out the cool metal-flake green paint job and purple decaling, and the compact enclosure that will fit almost any place.
Hand-built workmanship & attention to quality - No cookie-cutter production line knockoff here. Every single solder point done by hand and individually checked. And, of course, I did a full functionality test on the finished pedal, using my favorite SRV tunes! :DR
The pedal is all built, tested and ready to ship (see photos below). Doesn't have the switchable options of my "top-of-the-line" Zonkin' Yellow Screamer pedal, but then again it's a heckuva lot cheaper!! Power via 9V adapter or battery (not included).

Price: $100 including shipping anywhere in the continental US. Payment by PayPal or money order only. Contact me by PM if you're interested!

You have my interest. PM me the link to the order information please.

duhvoodooman
April 22nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
*** BUMP ***

Any interest out there, guys?? This is a great sounding TS-808 style pedal with a number of enhancements over the original, and for $70 less than Ibanez will nick you for a TS-808 RI!! And that's before they hit you with shipping and (maybe) sales tax, which you won't have to worry about here!

Your chance to grab it here before I put it up on eBay!

marnold
April 22nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
If I had the cash, I'd be all over this in a heartbeat. Right now, my next guitar cash sink will be pups and pots for my Tele.

Tone2TheBone
April 22nd, 2007, 07:41 PM
I highly recommend Duhvoodooman's pedals. If I were you all I would beg borrow or steal some extra money and jump on his pedals...especially this Screamin' Banshee. 100 bucks including shipping is cheap for this kind of homebrewed pedal.

sunvalleylaw
April 22nd, 2007, 08:40 PM
Man, I so want it, but it is not in the cards right now. Unfortunately, tax man and extra kid expenses come first right now.

ShortBuSX
April 23rd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Is this like a group buy??? Id really like one...pay day is on Thursday.

duhvoodooman
April 23rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
Is this like a group buy??? Id really like one...pay day is on Thursday.
Nope, no "group buy"--I have just one for sale. May make more in the future, if I see a level of interest, but just trying to sell this one for right now. It's still available, as I type this....

ShortBuSX
April 23rd, 2007, 01:10 PM
Well can I call "dibs" and Paypal you on Friday?

duhvoodooman
April 23rd, 2007, 03:09 PM
Well can I call "dibs" and Paypal you on Friday?
Sure, I'll hold it for you until Friday midnight. After that, it's back up for grabs. Fair enough?

ShortBuSX
April 24th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Sure, I'll hold it for you until Friday midnight. After that, it's back up for grabs. Fair enough?

Thats totally fair, more than fair...thanks!:D

duhvoodooman
April 27th, 2007, 11:07 AM
SOLD!!! Thanks, ShortBuSX! :DR

ShortBuSX
April 27th, 2007, 12:24 PM
:D Thank you!

kerc
April 27th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Will you make more of these? :D

duhvoodooman
April 27th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Will you make more of these? :D
Not right away, 'cuz I'm kind of "all soldered out" for a bit. But will probably pick it back up around the end of May/early June. If you want me to stick your name on my "interested" list, send me a PM accordingly. First come, first served....

ShortBuSX
May 2nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
GOT IT!!!:D
Wow that was fast!

I have my toys delivered to my work...and Ive told yall Ive got some gear here to pass the time(mini Strat, SS Crate and an RP200). So I cut open the package and plugged it all up...sounds nice and clean too...I was really surprised how clean. I just plugged it in long enough to noodle around with it, kick the tires....but I cant wait to get home and hook it up to my Vox!!!

I'll post more in a couple days....Ive got the next 2 days off, so I will have plenty of time to bond with it. Oh yeah...and tonight is "jam night" at my buddy's house, I told a couple players bout my recent purchase, they were chompin at the bit then and wanted one...thats why I was hoping this was a group buy, but I will dirrect them to the Yellow Zonker once they bite;)