PDA

View Full Version : April 15 in Upstate NY....

duhvoodooman
April 15th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Another beautiful spring day!! Why just look at the view from my front porch!

P.S. Still snowing, though it's slowed down some. Temp. at 12:30 was 31 F. Normal for this time of year is about 55 F. We haven't seen 50 F in over 10 days....

Tim
April 15th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Nice pics there VDM! Yesterday we were in the high 80s. I got a lot of sun while cutting the grass, weeding and raking leaves. This was all before 12:00 noon. This morning we had a front come through with torrant rains. Presently the sun is shining with winds reaching 30 knots. It is still very warm though. Cooler weather would be much welcomed right now. Send us some please.

t_ross33
April 15th, 2007, 11:45 AM
While it is starting to thaw out here in the Great White North, there is still some snow on the ground. Today marks 6 straight months of snow, with no reprieve. That's crazy, even for this part of the world :confused:

ted s
April 15th, 2007, 12:17 PM
We have no snow right now, just confused trees.
Really nice looking neighbourhood DVM, I like the size of those properties and all the trees. Unfortunately around here, average new housing start at 35' wide, the older areas like mine are surrounded by the new areas and friggn' power centres are popping up all over the place.
Oops, sorry for getting off topic.

duhvoodooman
April 15th, 2007, 12:31 PM
We have no snow right now, just confused trees.
Really nice looking neighbourhood DVM, I like the size of those properties and all the trees. Unfortunately around here, average new housing start at 35' wide, the older areas like mine are surrounded by the new areas and friggn' power centres are popping up all over the place.
Oops, sorry for getting off topic.
Hey, this is "Open Mic"--we start off topic here! ;) :D

Yeah, we really like the neighborhood. So many developers seem to take a "scorched earth" approach to building lots, just bulldozing everything flat and then planting a couple of 1" diam. saplings as part of the landscaping. Want shade? Come back in 20 years!

Our builder lives just a few blocks away and takes a very personal interest in how the neighborhood looks. He leaves as many trees as possible on each lot, unless otherwise directed by the buyer. I have a whole backyard full of decent sized oaks and white pines, plus a few smaller maples and beeches. There are even a couple of small sassafras trees, which are fairly unusual around here, being more of a mid-atlantic/southern variety.

SuperSwede
April 15th, 2007, 01:14 PM
We had around 25c (80f) here today and there was almost no wind.

ted s
April 15th, 2007, 01:19 PM
SS. is that normal ? :eek:

SuperSwede
April 15th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Not really, we usually have a couple of degrees lower and more rain. Its been really dry here for a while. The weather has been wierd lately.

tot_Ou_tard
April 15th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Hey, this is "Open Mic"--we start off topic here! ;) :D

There was a time when the Open Mic was shut down for being off topic.

:D Glad them daze are over! ;)

Tone2TheBone
April 15th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Ah, a balmy Schpring day in uppah Noo Yawk. I thought Phil said it was going to be an early Schpring?

duhvoodooman
April 16th, 2007, 04:57 AM
I thought Phil said it was going to be an early Schpring?
!@#$%?&* little furball!! :mad: ;)