PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Fetish PUPS..opinions?

LagrangeCalvert
April 16th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I was thinking about buying a set of the Boston Blues they have on their site instead of the Seymour Duncan quarter pounders for strats that have been on back order for three months now. If any of you have exp. with Guitar Fetish pups please let me know what you think. Im just stuck on which set to get: The vintage wound or the texas wound.

Dauntless
April 16th, 2007, 07:22 AM
I'm using Strat "Texas" Alnico Stagger Pickup Set I03 on my '70s' Strat and have no complaints what so ever! True solid Strat sound!!

We're talkin' Jimi tone to Jimmy tone with all the Clap-tone in between.

Not trying to go on like a comercial but these beasties have all the punch, twang and quack you'll ever need and you can't beat the price for the quality.

F_BSurfer
April 22nd, 2007, 07:51 AM
My daughter just ordered a set of the boston blues texas wound when she gets them can let you know how they sound I have a couple sets of pickups from GFS and have been totally amazed with them

snarph
April 26th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I've got a set of over wound premiums and they got every thing they claim them and more

F_BSurfer
May 5th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Well put the boston blues set in my daughters american std last weekend Not very good at reviewing or describing things all i can say is I ordered myself a set for a strat project I have I like the vintage sound and these have it with a little more bite and sustain..The boyz and I are playing a benefit tomorrow and are recording it planning on using my daughters strat on a couple songs so I will post a clip

tremoloman
May 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Bought a set that were listed as stock but when they got to me I got a notice the bridge is out of stock for at least 30 days *sigh*

I'll let you know how they sound once I get them installed. :)

LagrangeCalvert
May 16th, 2007, 02:58 PM
well....I got a really good deal on some other pups to throw in my strat....I had a JB in the bridge...so I did some swapping and presto...this is what you get!

www.myspace.com/evanisyourenemy

I wont be getting the GFS pups...but if another project guitar shows up, then I will.

BTW...thats a mexican strat.