PDA

View Full Version : New Tune "Particle Theory"

FrankAxtell
April 17th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Just finished this new tune in Logic Pro. I used my strat/ RC booster/ BB Preamp / JMP 1970's 50 watt Marshall and 4x12 cab. I call it "Particle Theory". Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=518251&songID=5246332

aeolian
April 17th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Terrific tune, as usual. And first rate musicianship. So what is the makeup of the quartet? My guess is guitar, bass, keyboards and drums.

Tim
April 17th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Awesome tune. The tone is terrific.

M29
April 17th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Awesome Frank! Great tone and put together so well as always.

M29

FrankAxtell
April 18th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Terrific tune, as usual. And first rate musicianship. So what is the makeup of the quartet? My guess is guitar, bass, keyboards and drums.
In my live group, yes it is as you guessed. On my recordings I do all the instruments myself. I play piano, bass and guitar and program the drums . Everything is recorded and arranged in Logic Pro. Thanks so much for the kind words.

FrankAxtell
April 18th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Awesome tune. The tone is terrific.
Thanks so much...I've tried to experiment with the xotic effects settings and the SM 57 mic placement extensively. Thanks again for listening.

FrankAxtell
April 18th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Awesome Frank! Great tone and put together so well as always.

M29
Thanks for your comments...this tune was a bit involved, especially the drum programming. Thanks again.

Robert
April 18th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Cool song, Frank. I love the sound you get on your recordings. Very inspiring. Great playing too.

sunvalleylaw
April 18th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks for your comments...this tune was a bit involved, especially the drum programming. Thanks again.
Thanks for sharing your great work. Your other piece is awesome too. I was a big jazz/fusion fan in the 80s, but don't listen to fusion as much any more. Really nice to hear yours. Very professionally done. :)

FrankAxtell
April 24th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Cool song, Frank. I love the sound you get on your recordings. Very inspiring. Great playing too.
Robert,
Thank you very much for the kind words of encouragement.

FrankAxtell
April 24th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Thanks for sharing your great work. Your other piece is awesome too. I was a big jazz/fusion fan in the 80s, but don't listen to fusion as much any more. Really nice to hear yours. Very professionally done. :)
Thanks so much Steve.