PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Questions

grungeiceman
April 17th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Ok, im going to make another guitar purchase, a Schecter C1 Plus, im perchasing it form an individual not through ebay or anything and was wonder how thta would work, becuase if i just send the money directly to him theres no garentee he would send he guitar. but that just my thinking anyways. Also he desnt have a hard shell case t send it in and i was wondering what would be the best way to ship it without damage? Its a great deal just not sure how on doing it, Any help?

Tone2TheBone
April 17th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Tell him to talk to Voodooman. ;)

Was this item through Craigslist or something? Ebay? Do you have a Pay Pal account? Does he? It's so much easier doing business if you have Pay Pal. I don't know what if any guarantees there are with Pay Pal but usually people are on the up and up if they've taken the time to register with their bank accounts. Get more info from this guy and wait to see what other posters here have to say this was just something I wanted to say off the top of my head....

grungeiceman
April 17th, 2007, 01:57 PM
But is there a way to have liek a private aution on ebay so only i can bid on it so i dont have the priced jacked up? I found him Through the UG forum by the way

ShortBuSX
April 17th, 2007, 03:58 PM
You could always pay by US Postal money order....if he rips you off its a federal postal crime;)

duhvoodooman
April 17th, 2007, 04:12 PM
If he sells on eBay, he could always set up a "Buy It Now" style auction and let you know immediately upon posting it, so that you could be sure to bid it out first. Only problem is that eBay takes their listing and commission "cuts" so he'd probably want you to pay extra to cover those. And if you use PayPal to pay with, they have a "claims" procedure if the seller cheats you. Doesn't always work but is way better than nothing. I got screwed on an effects pedal purchase once (non-shipment), and got back all but $25 of what I paid.

The problem with buying from a complete stranger through an uncontrolled environment is that it's so much harder to avoid fraud. I'd be very careful, especially if this is a significant sum of money, which I assume it would be on a nice guitar like that.

Tone2TheBone
April 17th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Exactly what went wrong with that effects pedal transaction? Maybe some of us could learn from that experience? WHO WAS THE SELLER? Did you offer a negative feedback on him and did he do the same back to you?

Spudman
April 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM
You could always pay by US Postal money order....if he rips you off its a federal postal crime;)

This is the best way if you are physically sending payment. Federal crimes are tough to beat, and be sure to get a signature on the letter containing payment. Then you know it arrived and the countdown has begun. Your local postmaster can help you with signature confirmation letters.

Electronically, Paypal is good because they back you up if you get the shaft. If you get dud merchandise they will back you. If you don't receive what you paid for they will back you.

There is 2 for you. Good luck. Don't forget pictures when you get it. We want to see.:)