PDA

View Full Version : Wow - wet snow!

Robert
April 19th, 2007, 07:58 AM
We had a bunch of snow come down overnight. It started last night, just before our open mic set. I got stuck in a mud hole in our back alley and had to go ask neighbours for help. Man! :(

This is what it looks like from our front porch today.

And I have a 10 mile road race on Sunday! :eek:

SuperSwede
April 19th, 2007, 08:22 AM
I am not jealous! It looks like it did here in February/March!

sunvalleylaw
April 19th, 2007, 08:37 AM
We had the same storm before you got it. I noticed the weather was moving almost directly north up the rockies. Our neighborhood looks much the same as yours. Re: your upcoming race, I ran in the '93 Seattle Marathon, which is held the weekend after Thanksgiving holiday in November. We trained really well through a beautiful Pacific Northwest fall, with drier and much warmer than normal. No long running pants. Then, on race day, an inch or so of wet, cold snow. Long pants, and shirts, gloves and hat necessary. My pants got wet and my lower legs got chilled. It was not all that fun a race. My wife and I completed it together, and still managed 3hours, 22 min or so if I recall, but I missed qualifying for Boston, which was my goal. Anyway, I bet your snow melts off before the race this Saturday. The weather is clear, and s'posed to go to low 40s F down here.

Jimi75
April 19th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I can hardly believe what I see in this picture!
We have record highs - 30,5 grad celsius - don't know how many Farenheit those are, but it is d@mn hot here in Germany.

ted s
April 19th, 2007, 12:43 PM
30,5 grad celsius - = 86.9 deg.F.

that has to be crazy for this time of year !?

Spudman
April 19th, 2007, 01:15 PM
My tulips just got snuffed by the magic white stuff. boo hoo We need the H2O though so...

Tone2TheBone
April 19th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Finally stopped raining down here. Temps back to high 60s F. and no wind. It snowed for Easter though.