PDA

View Full Version : More Swedes kickin booty

Spudman
April 19th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Check out the Agren brothers, Jimi on guitar Morgan on drums...and of course they are from Sweden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MddKAK7unl4&mode=related&search=

Tone2TheBone
April 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Yeahhhhh I'm diggin' the beat. *listening* I like your ear for this type of syncopation Spud.

Robert
April 19th, 2007, 03:26 PM
There you go, 2 more guys from my hometown! They were blessed with a lot of talent, that's for sure.

Did you know this: Morgan (drummer) was in a Zappa tribute band with his friend Mats (keyboards) while Zappa was alive. They wrote to Zappa and sent some recordings they had done. Zappa was so impressed he invited them over to the States and played live with them. They knew all his stuff like the back of their hand.

Spudman
April 19th, 2007, 03:40 PM
The keyboard player in Morgan's own band has been blind since birth and Zappa used him as well.

Morgan is the current drummer for Kiapa the band that Roine Stolt from The Flower Kings joined when he was 17 years old. Kaipa has a new album "Angelic Feelings" on the Inside Out label that comes out:

Germany Austria Switzerland: May 18th
Europe: May 21st
North America: May 22nd

Robert
April 19th, 2007, 03:43 PM
His name spells "Morgan"... :)

The keyboard player you are talking about is the same guy I mentioned - Mats Öberg - fantastic musician. Both of them are way beyond my league.

Meshuggah's guitarist Fredrik Thordendal and I used to jam when we were young. Morgan and Fredrik have done some cool things together too - see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWmFS_9fGRY&mode=related&search=

We are all from the same town - Umeå!

Spudman
April 19th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Morgan - Morgen, what the heck do I know?:) My bad.

I also don't know how to read postings. I didn't notice that you mentioned Mats. :o

Sweden certainly is a country full of musical talent.

Spudman
April 19th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Morgan and Fredrik have done some cool things together too - see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWmFS_9fGRY&mode=related&search=

Absolutely insane!

ted s
April 19th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Cool, looks like duct tape on a couple strings ? what's that all about ?

SuperSwede
April 20th, 2007, 02:25 AM
The keyboard player you are talking about is the same guy I mentioned - Mats Öberg - fantastic musician. Both of them are way beyond my league.

Is that the same Mats Öberg that writes for Fuzz?

Really good stuff!

Robert
April 20th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Is that the same Mats Öberg that writes for Fuzz?

Really good stuff!

I don't think it's the same guy. Isn't the Fuzz mag guy's last name different?

SuperSwede
April 20th, 2007, 10:24 AM
I don't think it's the same guy. Isn't the Fuzz mag guy's last name different?

Perhaps, I´ll have to dig up a Fuzz issue and check it out.

Spudman
January 9th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I have no idea how I ever missed City Boy.

I2buwyhFQWU

Robert
January 9th, 2009, 11:08 AM
What do they have to do with Swedes?

Spudman
January 9th, 2009, 11:23 AM
They are Swedish.?

Oops! I just found out they are English. Someone told me they were Swedish. Never mind. Still a good band though.;) :thwap:

marnold
January 9th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Oops! I just found out they are English. Someone told me they were Swedish. Never mind. Still a good band though.;) :thwap:
<Ugly American>There's a difference between English and Swedish?</Ugly American>

Suhnton
January 9th, 2009, 10:32 PM
A little off topic, but how do you Swedes learn to speak English so well?
In what situation/s would you use English in Sweden?

Spudman
January 9th, 2009, 11:17 PM

Probably to hit on the English tourist birds.

Jimi75
January 11th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Sweden rocks! I have a friend in Denmark who is also often on tour with a Swedish band and he told me lots of stuff about the scene in Gothenburg. I already made it to Kopenhagen Denmark and I am sure one day I'll be playing in Sweden!

The coolest guy and most intelligent shredder comes from Sweden. One of my favourite all time players! MATTHIAS IA EKLUNDH! Check this, all noises and sounds come from his guitar. Furthermore he implemented the sound of a printer. How great is this?! After talking to Matthias in 2005 he inspired me to check the path besides the usual guitar playing and scales and such and I came up with this crazy song: http://www.box.net/shared/n86sgxatg0

Matthias Printer video:
_fdlke8EsuU

Robert
January 11th, 2009, 09:50 AM

English is everywhere, we can't avoid it even if we wanted to. We learn it from a young age...

We use it at university, watching TV, reading, talking to foreigners... you name it. Oh, and for chatting of discussion forums. ;)

SuperSwede
January 11th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Oh, and for chatting of discussion forums. ;)

Really? Got any nice links to share? :D

Spudman
January 11th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Hey, you guys stay on topic or it will be Kicking More Swede's Booty.:D

Geraint Jones
January 11th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Swedish bands appear to be very popular in the UK music press although sadly one of my faves The Hellacopters are no more.{If i was`nt such a Luddite I`d post a link}

Suhnton
January 12th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Swedish bands appear to be very popular in the UK music press although sadly one of my faves The Hellacopters are no more.{If i wasn't such a Luddite I`d post a link}

I only recently heard these guys for the first time. This is one of my favourite Hellacopters tunes:

Baby Borderline
aM0GK0SpD_Y

SuperSwede
January 12th, 2009, 05:22 AM
You should also listen to Backyard Babies, the original Hellacopters guitarist Dregens band. They are from my town :)