PDA

View Full Version : Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster

Robert
April 20th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Anyone tried this Strat?

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster @ zzounds.com (http://www.zzounds.com/a--885181/item--FEN133000)

Looks like a nice deal. Not sure how the Vintage Noiseless pickups are - I've seen comments that the DiMarzio noiseless ones are better.

Classy looking guitar anyhoo. I am really itching to buy a decent Strat, in case you can't tell!

Jimi75
April 20th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Hello Robert,

Concenring the Noiseless pus I could imagine that you will have your issues with these. They sound pretty sterile. The natural feeling of the usual pus get lost with the noiseless ones. I remember checking the first pair of vintage noiseless and I was disappointed, but as always this is also a very subjective thing.

In fact the Di Marzios and also the Seymours sound more dynamic.

Tone2TheBone
April 20th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I've been playing one lately at a shop in town and in fact it's marked down to $421.00 and it's new. Voodoo's trying to talk me into getting it. haha It's a nice guitar. It's the maple necked version with crimson red transparent finish. Suhweeeet. It has a 12" radius neck that plays nicely and has medium jumbo frets. Resonates like a mother with the combination ash body and maple neck with bigger frets. It also sports the vintage tuners and does that sorta S-1 Fender switching with the push of a separate little button near the knobs. I plugged it in once and it didn't sound too bad. I think it's a neat guitar actually.

tot_Ou_tard
April 21st, 2007, 07:30 AM
It also sports the vintage tuners and does that sorta S-1 Fender switching with the push of a separate little button near the knobs. I plugged it in once and it didn't sound too bad. I think it's a neat guitar actually.
Can someone explain S1 switching to me? I never understood what it meant.

marnold
April 21st, 2007, 08:08 AM
Can someone explain S1 switching to me? I never understood what it meant.
If I understand it correctly, the volume pot is also a push-push pot to enable the bridge pickup when the five-way switch is in positions four and five to enable the bridge+neck and bridge+middle+neck pup combinations.

carp3nt3r
April 21st, 2007, 08:40 PM
Im not 100% sure about the way the deluxe player's s1 works but on my strat it is sorta like an optional switch setting that allows for there to be 10 options rather then only 5 and its the center of the volume pot that moves up or down when you press it.

hope the paper scan i got with my guitar clarifies this.

carp3nt3r.

bear with me if this box.net thing doesnt work. heres the url.

http://www.box.net/shared/eyivyefeso

stingx
April 22nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Anyone tried this Strat?

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster @ zzounds.com (http://www.zzounds.com/a--885181/item--FEN133000)

Looks like a nice deal. Not sure how the Vintage Noiseless pickups are - I've seen comments that the DiMarzio noiseless ones are better.

Classy looking guitar anyhoo. I am really itching to buy a decent Strat, in case you can't tell!

Robert, my best friend has one and it is a great guitar. The stop pickups sound fantastic on it. For the price you can't go wrong if this is something you've had your eyes on.