PDA

View Full Version : Quiet here

Robert
April 20th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Did we get the springtime blues? It's so quiet around here this week...

I am extra excited to have a Yellow Zonkin' Screamer and a great Fullerton guitar for 44 dollars, yeehaw! Tomorrow I'll go look at "real" guitars - Fender Strats - who knows what I might come home with.

I'll get some Tusq nuts at the same time!

Rock on, friends! :DR

M29
April 20th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Hello Robert,

Yeah man it is quiet! I have been very busy. I am thinking about trading or selling my Vox ad50vt for an all tube amp. I really like the Vox and it works great but, I just got my Epi Valve Junior and I am sold on tubes. I might go to GC and see about a trade or maybe just sell it on the bay or whatever.

Would sure like to get a nice Strat someday I hope you find one tomorrow and spend lots of money on it:D Well...not lots of money, I hope you get a good deal if the mojo if workin on one. The reason I want to see some money spent is because I have been spending a bit of it around here lately and I don't want to feel alone:D Then again it looks like you have been spending some. A good deal on the Fullerton! And...The ZYS well...you can't do better then that!
When I do get a nice Strat,I would like a blond with a tortoise pickguard and maple neck. I really like the maple necks but then rosewood is nice too.

Yeah I want to get some tough nuts too...I mean Tusk nuts, sorry...

M29

sunvalleylaw
April 20th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Hi guys. Yes it has been quiet here lately. I have been super busy at work and have a vacation coming up to get ready for. I haven't even had time to clean up the frets on the new Fullerton yet. But, IT'S FRIDAY AFTERNOON!!! SO LET'S GET LOOOUUUUUUDDDD! Gonna get out for a quick bike ride now with some loud rawl and roll in my headphones!

Tone2TheBone
April 20th, 2007, 05:46 PM
What??? I can't hear you...I'm launching screaming solos on my ZYS it ain't quiet here at home!

:)

Ro3b
April 20th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I've got a wired pickguard on the way from GFS that I'm gonna drop into my lame little Affinity Strat. So the big project tomorrow is to go shopping for a soldering iron. My life is a thrill a minute. Wahoo!

Guitar-Chris
April 21st, 2007, 01:02 PM
Did we get the springtime blues? It's so quiet around here this week...

Not only this week for me. I have been very busy lately. Some changes in my job... But if i have some spare time i allways have a look at the postings here....

Danzego
April 21st, 2007, 01:30 PM
I actually haven't had much opportunity to play guitar much the last few weeks ever since I started my Spring college term. That's not to say I haven't been playing any music, mind you. I have a music class where I have to, get this, learn to play piano. *shudders*

It's been years since I last read music (in concert band in high school), and relearning it isn't coming back to me as quick as I learned it in the first place. :confused: But then, some of that is probably the insanely fast pace of the class, and also having to relearn bass clef at the same time, which is killing me. I used to know bass clef a bit from the short while I played string bass in beginning band, but I dropped it for clarinet and bass clarinet (both are treble clef). Either way, I just have brain farts when I look at a note I SHOULD know, staring at it and thinking "What is that?", then "Oh...it's F, you idiot. You should know that!!!" *slaps self in head*

So yeah, that's where I've been. Yearning for my guitar, but barely any time to play it. Thus, I haven't been posting as much (though I still read the posts almost every day). :(

Oh, and I also got Super Paper Mario for the Wii. I have no excuses there- the game is awesome. When I get a chance to play, I take it. Yes, even if it cuts into my piano studies "a bit" (which brings me back to the previous part of my post). :D

pie_man_25
April 21st, 2007, 07:11 PM
I just went to the school's annual rock concert, got into mosh pits, head banging, swore at the crappy bands, some hefty kid let me ride on him "piggy back" style and we head banged until the police-officer pulled me off. Got into some fun shit, but man, I am sore everywhere today.

Jimi75
April 22nd, 2007, 08:24 AM
Honestly, I didin't dare to ask why it was so quiet in here, but I definitely recognized it, too.

I personally was very busy making music and planning a non-planned spontaneous trip with my familiy to Spain fomr the end of April on for a week.

I have thousands of threads in my head and I am always inspired through the fret and what you guys write, but the month of April was a very quiet one for the bunch of us.

marnold
April 22nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
The hockey playoffs are on!

Go Wings!

Spudman
April 22nd, 2007, 11:13 PM
I was gone. Abducted by aliens again. :o Stinkers.

I'll try to come up with something worthwhile to add before long. I still have to de-compress from the journey and figure out which guitars want me to play them this week.:)