PDA

View Full Version : Ya' Gotta Be Kiddin Me

6STRINGS 9LIVES
April 24th, 2007, 07:03 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2007/04/23/crow.htmlHeres an article I read this morning , and nearly pissed myself laughing . Obviously ms Crow is rapidly loosing her grip on reality and needs to realy try to stick to what she does best . Whats up with these celebrity's getting up on soap boxes to pontificate to the rest of us on how to save the world , personally I'm a little tired of it . One square , haha , I can see it now the toilet paper police checking every stall , little sensors on the dispenser , alarms and sirens going off .. " STOP WIPING IMMEDIATELY AND STEP AWAY FROM THE BOWL".. I guess it goes without saying that ms crow has never had an evening of beer and beans followed by the tight walk to the can in the morning ... simply too funny .

ShortBuSX
April 24th, 2007, 07:18 AM
I love it! There are some great quotes there...shes obviously been smokin too much of her cancer meds.:cool:

Crow acknowledges there could be occasions when the one-square limit might not suffice, such as "on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required."

She writes that when she presented the idea to her younger brother, he went a step further, suggesting that people could "just wash the one square out."

I dont know her brother, but I doubt he was serious...thats too funny!
AND its so rediculous that you know its gonna be all over the news...so I guess she wins...in the END!:eek:

I wonder if this trend succeeds if we will see a decline in hand shaking?

6STRINGS 9LIVES
April 24th, 2007, 07:26 AM
AND its so rediculous that you know its gonna be all over the news...so I guess she wins...in the END!

Yeah Shortbus.. I can hardly "WIPE" the grin off my face ..

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 08:30 AM
..... I guess it goes without saying that ms crow has never had an evening of beer and beans followed by the tight walk to the can in the morning ... simply too funny .

Maybe she eats weeds or something. heh Heard about this on Leno last night. Too funny.

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I guess she "Can't spare a square!"

Anyone remember that Seinfeld episode?

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 09:00 AM

Anyone remember that Seinfeld episode?

No I only remember Mata-Hairi... ooo ooo oooo eee eee ahhh ahh ooo :p

SuperSwede
April 24th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Obviously Ms Crow hasnt been on Taco Bell... I hear that their version of Happy Meal has a roll of toilet paper instead of a toy.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
April 24th, 2007, 12:34 PM

One of my all time fav's from seinfield.. great pickup sunvalley..lol

Obviously Ms Crow hasnt been on Taco Bell... I hear that their version of Happy Meal has a roll of toilet paper instead of a toy.

HAHA Super thats why we have bounty paper towell the quicker picker upper ..

t_ross33
April 24th, 2007, 12:41 PM
yah know, I love Sheryl Crow (well, her music anyway and she's kinda hot) but if she's serious it just shows how out of touch with reality famous people can be. I hope she's trying to pull a fast one (like Keef's "I snorted my father" comment) cuz this kind of absurdity doesn't lend any credibility to a serious and commendable issue.

Cloth diapers, "dining sleeves", and one per squat toilet paper rations aren't going to change anything - heck, you'll use more hot water washing your hands when you're done anyway :p Kinda reminds me of the veggie storm troopers that claim cow farts contribute to greenhouse gasses.

It's true that we are on a collision course with Mother Nature, but we need realistic solutions, not wacked out celebrity psycobabble.

Trev

And on the topic of kinda hot 40 plus women, has anyone seen Joan Jett lately - she's SMOKIN'!! I've always had a crush on her. I tell ya, chicks and guitars - it just don't get any sexier :cool: :D

ShortBuSX
April 24th, 2007, 12:47 PM
It's true that we are on a collision course with Mother Nature, but we need realistic solutions, not wacked out celebrity psycobabble.

Truth be told, these are only theories...I heard one the other night that said we were headed for an "ice age":rolleyes:

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 01:21 PM
.."celebrity psychobabble". Good word +1 t_ross33 I never liked Joan's nose for some reason....

tot_Ou_tard
April 24th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Holy sh!t Batman!

She's waaaayy behind the times.

My Dad used to yell at me because he heard the roll spinning.

He told us to use one square & fold it.

No kidding! But that was because he was a cheap bastid. He didn't care about the environment.

He used to reuse a Lipton tea bag 12 times. Hung them up to dry with a clothes pin & counted the uses. A dozen...no more, no less.

tot_Ou_tard
April 24th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Trev

We may well be, but toilet squares ain't gonna do it. Our good Mother will thin the herd & stir the pot...& those that're left will wipe with whatever they've got.

Sing it with me when it comes around on the geetar...

...here it comes...

I ain't tired.

..or proud. ;)

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Holy sh!t Batman!

She's waaaayy behind the times.

My Dad used to yell at me because he heard the roll spinning.

He tolde to use one square & fold it.

No kidding! But that was because he was a cheap bastid. He didn't care about the environment.

He used to reuse a Lipton tea bag 12 times. Hung them up to dry with a clothes pin & counted the uses. A dozen...no more, no less.

My Dad did the TP thing too. But we could have 3 squares. Did your Dad want you to do Navy showers like my Dad? You know, water off while lathering and scrubbing? Back on for final rinse only?! In his defense, my Dad was born in the Great Depression and lived through rationing in WWII, and was in the Navy for a long time.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
April 24th, 2007, 05:16 PM
very funny you guys are hilarious...navy showers , tea bags ..1 sheet aint no way thats happinin , maybe for some spider assed dude , for me its luxury and I wad it up like an old pair of socks , funny thing is I'll be thinkin of Shryl Crow every time i wipe my big Irish *** from now on ... 6S9L

Spudman
April 24th, 2007, 06:39 PM
How do you cook toilet paper?

Brown one side and toss it in the pot. :D :D

Spudman
April 24th, 2007, 06:42 PM
What about all the cultures on earth that don't even know what toilet paper is? Can't we just do what they do?

I don't like Cheryl anyway after what she did to Kevin Gilbert. Maybe we could just cut squares out of her to use.:eek:

This whole thread makes me glad that I have a high fiber diet.:)

tot_Ou_tard
April 24th, 2007, 07:45 PM
My Dad did the TP thing too. But we could have 3 squares. Did your Dad want you to do Navy showers like my Dad? You know, water off while lathering and scrubbing? Back on for final rinse only?! In his defense, my Dad was born in the Great Depression and lived through rationing in WWII, and was in the Navy for a long time. Yeah, he wanted the Navy shower & he was born in 1940! Never was in the armed services.

Sunvalley, you'll like this. The only splurge he ever did is that we we take 2 week SERIOUS backpacking trips in the Sierras. It was dawn to dusk, no lollygagging about the beautiful lacks & mountain vistas.

In winter we'd ski at Sunvalley, Alta, Banff, Jackson Hole, Tahoe etc. We'd live in our small camper in the parking lot. My dad lived to total vertical feet.

I learned at age eight on my mothers old Head skis with no edges.
Double Diamonds @ top speed...moguls = JUMPS!

As soon as you get to the bottom it's back to the top & then right to the bottom again! Helter Skelter!

Sounds like big fun & it was!

*BUT*

My cheapskate Dad would only buy me the ski boots that were on sale.

Grinch Boots! Two sizes too small!

By the time I got down my feet were THROBBING & I'd have to unbuckle my boots & then back to the top again...!

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah, he wanted the Navy shower & he was born in 1940! Never was in the armed services.

Sunvalley, you'll like this. The only splurge he ever did is that we we take 2 week SERIOUS backpacking trips in the Sierras. It was dawn to dusk, no lollygagging about the beautiful ponds & mountain vistas.

In winter we'd ski at Sunvalley, Alta, Banff, Jackson Hole, Tahoe etc. We'd live in our small camper in the parking lot. My dad lived to total vertical feet.
I learned at age eight on my mothers old Head skis with no edges.
Double Diamonds @ top speed...moguls = JUMPS!

As soon as you get to the bottom it's back to the top & then right to the bottom again! Helter Skelter!

Sounds like big fun & it was!

*BUT*

My cheapskate Dad would only buy me the ski boots that were on sale.

Grinch Boots! Two sizes too small!

By the time I got down my feet were THROBBING & I'd have to unbuckle my boots & then back to the top again...!
Hey, that's sounds great! My kid skiing was mostly the Cascades at old mom and pop resorts. Some still exist, some do not. Once in a while, a big car trip in the family wagon to SV. It's why I am here. Sounds like you learned the right way, and that those boots fit just like they are supposed to! I still buy mine one size too small. Growing up, we always had second hand, or bargain stuff. Worked though, and it was fun. Good family stuff. The Navy showers came in handy with the small water tanks where we used to stay.

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Lollygagging...another good word. And Leno just mentioned Sheryl again just now. "The new Charmin fun sized". I love these responses on this thread. LOL

SuperSwede
April 25th, 2007, 01:36 AM
What about all the cultures on earth that don't even know what toilet paper is? Can't we just do what they do?

You mean that we could wipe with one hand and eat with the other? Ehrmm.. no thanks.
Btw, did anyone understand the three toilet stones in the film "Demolition Man"?

Tone2TheBone
April 25th, 2007, 08:43 AM
You mean that we could wipe with one hand and eat with the other? Ehrmm.. no thanks.
Btw, did anyone understand the three toilet stones in the film "Demolition Man"?

I thought they were shells dude.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
April 25th, 2007, 09:05 AM
This may be a case of going green , going brown ...wacky vapid celebrity types should just shut up , maybe Paul Mccartney will be expounding on saving the baby seals by using their nice white fur to wipe our collective arses ... does anybody realy take these goofballs seriously...

SuperSwede
April 25th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I thought they were shells dude.

Ah yes.... shells.

Spudman
April 25th, 2007, 03:51 PM
... does anybody realy take these goofballs seriously...

Paul McCartney - yes...Cheryl Crow - no!

pie_man_25
April 26th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I never thought it took much brains to know that toilet paper and kleenex are made of cotton! obviously, I was wrong! :)