PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Colorado

WackyT
April 24th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Hi All!

I got my first guitar yesterday, a Fullerton Standard Strat clone left-handed, and am really looking forward to finally learning guitar at the age of 41. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.:D

Robert
April 24th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Welcome, WackyT - I just got a right-handed version of that guitar - I love it for the price.

Glad to have ya.

Jimi75
April 24th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Hey Wacky, it's never to late!

Welcome to the fret.

Jimi

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Welcome neighbor!

warren0728
April 24th, 2007, 08:59 AM
welcome WackyT....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Hi WackyT! Steve here. I picked up guitar in my 40s too! I just started playing regularly a year ago this May! This is a great place to help you get started, and up and running! Welcome!

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2007, 09:20 AM
welcome WackyT....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

i think you will like it here....

LOL!!!! I couldn't help it! :p

warren0728
April 24th, 2007, 10:09 AM

LOL!!!! I couldn't help it! :p
lawyers.... :mad: :p ;) :D

6STRINGS 9LIVES
April 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM
be shure to stay off topic at all times and enjoy yourself..6S9L

SuperSwede
April 24th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Welcome WackyT :)

Big K
April 24th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Welcome from Denver.... nice weather we are having today.....good day to stay in and crank out some tunes...

tot_Ou_tard
April 24th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Hi All!

I got my first guitar yesterday, a Fullerton Standard Strat clone left-handed, and am really looking forward to finally learning guitar at the age of 41. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.:D
Way to go WackyT! Keep at it, it's a kick! I've been at it 1 1/4 years & I'm 45. So you have me beat by a few years.

Here's a tip:

GAS = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

synonyms are TONE and ADDICTION & all of this can be spelled using only $'s.

:D

uhhh..I just read that you're a lefty!

Never mind the welcome then.....:o

Just kidding; Some of my best friends are southpaws.....;)

WackyT
April 24th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks all (especially tot Ou tard)! Looks like this'll be a good place to hang out online and learn something about gitars. :)

duhvoodooman
April 24th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Hey, there, Lefty! Welcome to TheFret. So what are you planning on playing that Fully Strat through, anywho? :confused: :D

WackyT
April 24th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Hey, there, Lefty! Welcome to TheFret. So what are you planning on playing that Fully Strat through, anywho? :confused: :D

Got a 20-watt Fullerton practice amp in the package I bought from Music123.com.

duhvoodooman
April 24th, 2007, 06:05 PM
That'll get you started! We'll GAS you into a tube amp before too long, though!! We are collectively a very bad influence around here, financially speaking! :D

WackyT
April 24th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I bet you guys will. And also once I can play, I'd love to get a Fender Strat. :DR

t_ross33
April 24th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Hey Wacky! Welcome aboard the crazy train :DR

I've been playing for almost 30 yrs, but focusing on guitar for only about 1-1/2 yrs (bass and strictly cowboy chords on an old acoustic before that). I still don't know half of what most of the guys in here know. But I'm determined, and the joy is in the journey, not the destination.

Oh, by the way: in the past year and 1/2 I've bought 4 guitars, selling one; three amps, sold one; a 1/3 stake in a PA rig and monitors; a modelling multi-fx pedal; an OD pedal; an EQ pedal; Bass OD and Bass Chorus pedals; a wireless system; numerous cables and cords; lots of guitar strings and pics; stands and misc. hardware. I'm probably missing some stuff here.

What I'm saying is: Beware the GAS! :D :R

Trev

Spudman
April 24th, 2007, 06:29 PM
WackyT...hmmmm...is that an abbreviation?:rolleyes:

We're all a little wacky here so you should feel right at home. :)

Enjoy!

WackyT
April 24th, 2007, 06:51 PM
WackyT...hmmmm...is that an abbreviation?:rolleyes:

We're all a little wacky here so you should feel right at home. :)

Enjoy!

Picked up the nickname while I was stationed in Germany. Wacky T(im), my first name.

Thanks Spud.

tot_Ou_tard
April 25th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Thanks all (especially tot Ou tard)! Looks like this'll be a good place to hang out online and learn something about gitars. :)

Gitars?!? So that is what all the yakking is about.

& I was thinking that this was a pancake forum.

warren0728
April 25th, 2007, 06:48 AM
I was thinking that this was a pancake forum.
that's just crazy talk http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-002.gif

tot_Ou_tard
April 25th, 2007, 06:52 AM
that's just crazy talk http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-002.gif
Guitars & panckes go together like:

http://www.katemacleod.com/pancakes.html

M29
April 27th, 2007, 10:45 AM
A southpaw hey, I am left handed on most things but not guitar. I have been playing a year now and this place is the best place to grow. Plenty of help and feel free to put up sound clips when you feel comfortable, I never thought I would ever let any one hear me play early on but everyone is very helpful and tolerable.

M29

WackyT
April 27th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks M29. I'll post up some sound clips once I'm actually playing music. I'm still learning fretting and chords. Don't think anyone wants to hear that. ;)