PDA

View Full Version : The Robert Cray Strat

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Anyone have one? Anyone like hard tail Strats? I'm gassing for the purple one......

SuperSwede
April 24th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Sustain, superior tone and fantastic looks.. what are you waiting for? A quick flash of el credito and she (he?) is all yours to command.

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I've got a pocket full of change burning a hole in it. Cashola only buddy.

SuperSwede
April 24th, 2007, 01:24 PM
How many of your gringo money does she cost?

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 01:28 PM
How many of your gringo money does she cost?

Well the one I told you about is long gone. I can't remember how much that one was but the new ones are $650.00 for the MIM and the Custom Artist model is $2,200.00

SuperSwede
April 24th, 2007, 01:38 PM
I checked out the MIM on Fender.com and its looking really good. I think that the one I tried was the american version, but the MIM is no doubt a very fine guitar. I wonder what those "custom vintage pickups" sound like!
650 is not that much for such a mundane item :R

ShortBuSX
April 24th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Sustain, superior tone and fantastic looks..

Just the other day, DVM or Tone, was just saying how the trem cavity was part of the signature strat tone:confused:

My mini strat is a hardtail...I like it, but makes me wonder why they dont make the fancy(RC) hardtail strats string through bodys?

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Just the other day, DVM or Tone, was just saying how the trem cavity was part of the signature strat tone:confused:

My mini strat is a hardtail...I like it, but makes me wonder why they dont make the fancy(RC) hardtail strats string through bodys?

I'm a bit confused with your replies.

My MIM is trem and yeah it does the signature Strat sound wonderfully you're right. Hardtails are going to be a different kind of spank. Think Tele spank but on a Strat...and yes the RCs are string through body.

SuperSwede
April 24th, 2007, 01:48 PM

Sure, a hardtail strat doesn´t sound exactly like a trem equipped strat, but its got qualities of its own. By losing the trem you get more mass (no cavity) which gives (and this is all my own opinion) a more full sound, and the sustain increases as well.