PDA

View Full Version : A study in Red (Pod XT)

SuperSwede
April 24th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I recorded a Swedish folksong "Vem kan segla förutan vind?" (Who can sail without wind?) with the POD XT. I think that I managed to create a really nice jazz sound with the Zen Master model.

http://www.box.net/shared/qmk5yfx8it

Robert, do you want the backing track for this song? It would be cool to hear your take on this (for us) familiar tune!

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Hey Superswede! Really nice! I was listening to my jazz station, KPLU, switched over to yours, and you fit right in! I love it. BTW, how do you like the PodXT as a recording interface with the Mac? What's the set up look like from guitar to computer for this piece?

SuperSwede
April 24th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks Steve! The PodXT works great as a recording interface via USB. Very low latency and it works as a sound card as well (input/output).

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks Steve! The PodXT works great as a recording interface via USB. Very low latency and it works as a sound card as well (input/output).
Great! Are you connecting it via a USB cable from an output of some kind, or using some other USB interface? I presume you are plugging the guitar straight into the PodXT.

SuperSwede
April 24th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Its plugged in via USB, and the guitar is plugged directly to the POD.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
April 24th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Hey Super that realy swings .. nice intervals and sweet hang time .. beautiful job my friend , like Steve said jazzy .. its on my i-pod ... can I talk you into doing some Van Morrison for us .... oh and the title .."who can sail without wind" .. sortta fits in with the ms. crow thread in a freaky kinda way ... cheers brother ... 6S9L

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Is this the one you sent me yesterday? If not email it to me I can't access box.

SuperSwede
April 24th, 2007, 01:25 PM
T2tb its not the one from yesterday. But I mailed you this earlier?

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 01:26 PM
T2tb its not the one from yesterday. But I mailed you this earlier?

DOH! I see it...thanks!

EDIT: Nice clean sound and reverb there Swede. :DR

SuperSwede
April 24th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks for all your comments, I am currently in a folk music mood. I love all kinds of folk music!

I just finished a short recording of another swedish folk song that I really like, and if you are interested in folk music please take your time to listen to it. Its called "Ack du Värmeland" and is a really old tribute song to a part of Sweden called Värmland. I think that the melody line is really beautiful.
Its nowhere near finished though like most of my projects...

http://www.box.net/shared/nxodetnm51

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Your unfinished projects kick my projects' arses.

stingx
April 24th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Pods rock and so do you Swede. Nice track. :)

The XT takes all the hassles out of home recording. Line 6 are the bomb. People will debate all day over what's better...the Boss GT series, the Tonelab, the XT series POD, etc. None of them come close to the editing software that Line 6 has, or the constant firmware upgrades, or the amount of downloadable patches available from customtone.com.

Robert
April 24th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Sounds great, SS! Yes, of course I would like the backing track!

Did you create it yourself from scratch? Did you get the arrangement from somewhere? Those moving chords in the bridge part sounded wicked - tell me more about them.

jpfeifer
April 24th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Hi SuperSwede,

That sounds great. I really like your tone sounds awsome. (I like the backing track too) What kind of guitar did you use to track this?

-- Jim

abraxas
April 25th, 2007, 01:56 AM
That was very sweet! Thanks for sharing! ;)

SuperSwede
April 25th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Thanks Jim, PM me your email adress so I can send the backing to you. Its the neck humbucker on my Schecter.

Robert, check your mail.

Jimi75
April 25th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Hej, jättebra Superswede.

First of all, your clip was great and you have a very cool swing/jazz fell.
Further to that you showed us again how sweet the POD XT sounds.

warren0728
April 25th, 2007, 06:06 AM
man swede....that was smooth and sweet!

great job!

ww

tot_Ou_tard
April 25th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Just fantastic Swede.

A touch of Jim Hall.

M29
April 27th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Sweet Swede! You have a good feel for this and your tone is nice as well. I like how the guitar gets a just right blues tone when pushed and sweet mellow sound as well.

M29

Robert
August 27th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Can you post the backing track to "Ack Varmeland Du Skona"?

warren0728
August 27th, 2007, 05:16 PM
post it...i can't even pronounce it!! :eek: :D

ww

zeusse
August 27th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Very well done buddy real nice tone and great mix....applause,applause:D

Katastrophe
August 27th, 2007, 07:52 PM
beautiful tone, Swede! Now I just gotta work on pronouncing the title to the tune. Great job!

SuperSwede
August 28th, 2007, 12:50 AM

Here you go Robert...

http://www.box.net/shared/dvtul5upc7