PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article .

6STRINGS 9LIVES
April 24th, 2007, 12:27 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5355994

Interesting article ... show it to your signicant other to support your case for buying that "old guitar"...

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Cool article thanks 6. I can only dream. Some of these doctors and lawyers here at the Fret could come closer to one of those 'bursts. I'd love to go the Dallas show someday.

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Nah, not this lawyer. If I ran across a super good find for a nice price that was a player, I might get something. But it would have to be a player. Like my old classic car, no trailer (or guitar case) queens sitting around.

warren0728
April 24th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Like my old classic car, no trailer
absolutely...the best part of having my old 54 ford is DRIVING it!! :D

ww

tot_Ou_tard
April 24th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Tone, just what IS your new avatar?

If I had Google dollars, I'd buy up all the vintage guitars & burn 'em.

...;) shush, don't tell anyone. I'd only burn a couple. The rest would be effigies and the real beauts would show up on the Fretter's front porches. Really they would!..;)

warren0728
April 24th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Tone, just what IS your new avatar?
is it a sleastack from land of the lost?

ww

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a TV overachiever. Yep, see the SV and Tone going retro post in Open Mic. LOL!

warren0728
April 24th, 2007, 05:05 PM
i feel so proud :D

i have seen the post but haven't followed the links yet (but i did recognize most of the titles!) :DR

ww

Tone2TheBone
April 24th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Yes it's Enik the Sleestak from the "past". Highly advanced and intelligent and very disapointed in the inaccuracy of the primitive sleestak's crossbows of the future......

it's a long story...however I am very sure Enik would appreciate the fine qualities of vintage instruments herein described in this very thread.

duhvoodooman
April 25th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Hey, guys, remember that "stay on topic" thingamajig? Sleeztaks and '54 Fords belong elsewhere....