PDA

View Full Version : RIP GuitarOne

marnold
April 25th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Apparently the issue I just received of GuitarOne (with Alex Lifeson on the cover) will be the last one (http://www.guitarworld.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35088). When they dumped the CD two months ago to move everything online, they extended my subscription to June 08. I'm not sure what I'll be getting. If it's Guitar World, I'm not sure I want it. Any suggestions? I really like GuitarOne so this is bumming me out a bit.

Spudman
April 25th, 2007, 08:00 PM
If they give you a choice go for Vintage Guitar magazine. My friend Pete Prown (Guitar Garden) is a contributing editor.

mikew
April 25th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Crap! I'm subscribed to both of them.............

kerc
April 26th, 2007, 03:06 AM
I paid for my subscription two months ago. Great.

tot_Ou_tard
April 26th, 2007, 05:14 AM
If they give you a choice go for Vintage Guitar magazine. My friend Pete Prown (Guitar Garden) is a contributing editor.
Yes, that's a good one.

fendermojoman
May 2nd, 2007, 01:40 PM
I used to subscribe to Guitar One, Guitar Player, Vintage Guitar but my new favorite is Premier Guitar. You can get a free copy by going on line to their website to see if you like it. Subscribers can pull any issue up on the internet as well.;)

tremoloman
May 2nd, 2007, 03:27 PM
While on the subject, what ever happened to "Guitar for the Practicing Musician" and "Guitar School" magazines? I've got loads of copies from the late 80s and early 90s, but after that the seemed to have disappeared. (ot at least in my eyes).

stingx
May 2nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
People still read magazines?

marnold
May 2nd, 2007, 04:19 PM
While on the subject, what ever happened to "Guitar for the Practicing Musician" and "Guitar School" magazines? I've got loads of copies from the late 80s and early 90s, but after that the seemed to have disappeared. (ot at least in my eyes).
GftPM was my favorite back in the day. It eventually became--you guessed it--GuitarOne.

marnold
May 2nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
I used to subscribe to Guitar One, Guitar Player, Vintage Guitar but my new favorite is Premier Guitar. You can get a free copy by going on line to their website to see if you like it. Subscribers can pull any issue up on the internet as well.;)
Wow, that looks pretty sweet. I'm going to have to investigate that further. Thanks for the tip!

tot_Ou_tard
May 2nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
Yes & books too.

Welcome to the stone age.

We still play real guitars here.

Spudman
May 2nd, 2007, 05:20 PM

Just for the pictures.;)

sunvalleylaw
May 2nd, 2007, 06:11 PM
Althought I purchased the GuitarPlayer deal Spud posted, I hardly have time. I'm on this darn fret.net too much! :p

Spudman
May 2nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Althought I purchased the GuitarPlayer deal Spud posted, I hardly have time. I'm on this darn fret.net too much! :p

Put down the keyboard and step away from the computer!

If they haul you to the hoosegow I know a good attourney. Krashpad, were gonna need you unless this boy catches up on his Guitar Player reading...pro bono of course.:o

duhvoodooman
May 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
Maybe Sun & Krash can both get arrested and then they can do that quid pro quo thing lawyers are always talking about!. Lordy, I do love talkin' LATIN on TheFret! E Pluribus Unum! Semper Fi! Vincebus Eruptum! ;) :D

sunvalleylaw
May 2nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Carpe skiem!

Spudman
May 2nd, 2007, 08:24 PM
And they both are amicus curiae. Unless the judge doesn't like them.

So much for the Guitar One thread.:D

tot_Ou_tard
May 3rd, 2007, 06:31 AM
Carpe skiem!

Which will land you right back in the hoosegow, Sunvalley! :D ;)

So much for the Guitar One thread.:D

& the magazine too, from what I hear. ;)

marnold
May 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Just to resurrect this thread momentarily, I decided to subscribe for a year to Premier Guitar. When/if I get something from Future about my GuitarOne subscription, I'm going to cancel instead of getting Guitar World or whatever they're offering. Future's shipping department blows. I've had to have one copy of G1 sent to me again--and it actually made it to me. When I subscribed to Guitar World I had at least four issues that never made it to me. Eventually, I got all but one and that was after it was supposedly sent to me at least three times.

gtrwrks
May 27th, 2007, 07:11 PM
As a self-avowed guit-mag junkie, I haven't really liked the GuitarOne mag all that much - having said that, I hate to see it pass as I'd been buying them and sharing them with students since the very first issue of it's distant past name of Guitar for the Practicing Musician... hate to see it go.

Edit to say - I've been getting Premier Gtr and dig the general vibe of the thing.