PDA

View Full Version : Got a tuner - and major problem

Robert
January 12th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Rocktron X-tune, tunes accurately and fast, what more can you want. Well - to get the damn thing to work with my other pedals! For some strange reason, as soon as I have any other pedal hooked up at the same time, it behaves like it's broken - goes on and off by itself, loud popping sounds come out of my amp every time I engage the footswitch.

But use it with no other pedals connected - it's great! :mad:

I don't know if it's demanding more power than my One-Spot adapter can handle, but even with only one extra pedal powered up at the same time, the same problems happen. Aaaargh! I guess I could try it with just a 9 volt battery and see if that works better. Still, I hate depending on batteries in pedals. The batteries always run out at the completely wrong time - like in a middle of a gig.

SuperSwede
January 13th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Maybe you could try with a separate 9v adapter for the tuner?

Robert
January 18th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah, maybe, but I don't want another adapter. I put in a 9 volt battery now, and it works great with the other pedals. We'll see how long the battery lasts. The pedal is supposed to not drain the battery if the tuner is plugged in but not engaged. So far so good! Now I just hope my fuzz pedal will show up soon!

Tone2TheBone
January 18th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Robert...I'll change out batteries for you on gigs if you buy the beer.....

Robert
January 18th, 2006, 08:49 PM
How fast can you change batteries and how much beer do you drink?
:)

marnold
January 19th, 2006, 10:19 AM
How fast can you change batteries and how much beer do you drink?
:)
My guess would be that his speed of changing batteries is inversely proportional to the number of beers that he's had.

SuperSwede
January 19th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Robert, let him work for the beer on this hand cranked generator :D

http://groups.physics.umn.edu/demo/electricity/pics/5K4080.jpg

Robert
January 19th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Good one, Swede! Tone, are you up for the challenge?

Tim
January 19th, 2006, 01:18 PM
I think he is too busy grating cheese right now.

Tone2TheBone
January 19th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Robert, let him work for the beer on this hand cranked generator :D

http://groups.physics.umn.edu/demo/electricity/pics/5K4080.jpg

LMAO! I'm getting thirsty just looking at that thing! I'm up to the challenge Rob!

SuperSwede
January 19th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Robert, are you into that cheese thing too? Everyone seems to be grating cheese these days, I wonder how your fingers will hold. No more "shredding" that´s for sure ;)

Tim
January 19th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Super Swede – This really belongs in the other thread. Your cross-threading here.

SuperSwede
January 19th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Well, I guess you are right.. Just saw his new avatar.