PDA

View Full Version : American Masters Last Nite On Pbs

6STRINGS 9LIVES
May 3rd, 2007, 07:58 AM
Did anyone else see the PBS American Masters series last nite . It featured the amazing story of Ahmet Ertegun and Atlantic Records .I was literally spellbound for the whole 2 hours, while I had certainly heard of Ahmet and read some of the details of his founding of Atlantic I had no idea just how charasmatic and brilliant he really was .. amazing story with tons of interviews , Clapton , Mick , and a cast of hundreds.. heres a link to the series and the show if it's re-broadcast make shure to catch it ... The show points out just how much he brought to the world of music over the past 70 years and just how much we all owe him ... RIP Ahmet . http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/database/atlantic.html

sunvalleylaw
May 3rd, 2007, 08:46 AM
Darn, missed it. Will have to check listings to see if I can pick it up another time. I love PBS music shows.

Robert
May 3rd, 2007, 09:32 AM
I missed that too. Hope they show it again! I'd sure like to watch that.

Big_Rob
May 3rd, 2007, 09:36 AM
That would have been awesome to watch.

tot_Ou_tard
May 3rd, 2007, 10:48 AM
D@mn! I went to bed early, suffering as I was from the Plague of Pollen.

Sounds like a great show.

guitartist
May 9th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Dang! I missed it too...oh Well, at least PBS seems to rerun those American Masters shows occassionally...the ones they did on Muddy Waters and Hank Williams Sr. were freakin' great.

Ertegun has always fascinated me, the guy had golden ears...a very important figure in the muic biz, who's influence on rock, r & b, & jazz would be hard to overstate.