PDA

View Full Version : New Acoustic Bass - More GAS

r_a_smith3530
May 4th, 2007, 10:02 PM
When I began looking at acoustic bass guitars, I was highly impressed with Ibanez' AEB10E-BK. After playing a number of different instruments, I ended up settling on a Stagg acoustic that I got as part of a mass trade. It was a nice bass for sure, but that damned Ibanez just wouldn't leave the back of my mind.

Well, I sold the Stagg and I got a great deal on an Ibanez, so now I have this most beautiful black acoustic/electric bass.

Spudman
May 4th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Congratulations RA...But we won't believe you until we see pictures. ;)

r_a_smith3530
June 3rd, 2007, 09:37 AM
Congratulations RA...But we won't believe you until we see pictures. ;)

I took a bunch of pictures of my bass collection the other day. I tried to add a couple to a post here, but they were too big. Anyway, I have uploaded them to the "Photos" section of the Yahoo Group, Bass Players. I believe that this is public, so you should be able to find them by following the link below. Look for "Rob Smith's Basses."

Bass-Players Yahoo Group (http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/bass-players/)

marnold
June 3rd, 2007, 09:55 AM
Actually, no. Pictures (and most everything else) are members-only.

YerDugliness
November 7th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Good to see a post about acoustic basses. I've been wanting to play bass again (did so for about 6 months, but it was 25 years ago), but I sure did not like the way that bass amp/speaker cab DOMINATED my living room, so I am GASing for an acoustic bass. Funny, though, every time I looked at a bass guitar, surfed eBay, whatever, all I could find was acoustic/electric basses, and I've been participating in a monthly bluegrass event which is acoustic only. It seems most acoustic basses are made to be plugged into an amp; hence, the proliferation of the acoustic/electric bass guitars. Yuk!!

BUT, folks, there is hope!! I found one that is acoustic only--check out this WAY COOL resonator, F-hole acoustic only bass guitar:

http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/bayou4.html

Now, THAT's worth GASing over, IMHO!! (must admit, I'm afraid to check on the price, but there are 2 dealers in the Houston, TX area near where I live, so.......HEEEEERE's DUGLY!!)

Dugly :cool: