PDA

View Full Version : Finally a clip from me,,,hmm

ZoSo65
May 4th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Well, I finally made a short clip of Black Betty in action :p
A friend of mine let me try his Adobe Audition, used to be CoolEdit 2.
I ran all the instruments through the PC, no amps, that kind of makes it tough.
Guitar = me
Bass = me (first time I ever played a bass for recording, I'm still a virgin,LOL)
Drums = me (used a drum machine-padded- Yamaha DD-55)

First time I ever did any recording using all PC,,, some of the levels and timings are off a tad, but you'll get the general idea. (Plus I'm on some major pain meds, ooiya)

So here it is, just a quick intro rendition of "Original Fire" by AudioSlave!

http://home.comcast.net/~jeep65/aslaveMixdown.mp3

Oh yeah, I'm also working on a clip of Steve Vai - For The Love of God,,, But I need an axe with a 2 octave neck,,, which will (hopefully soon, *fingers crossed*) be built soon ;)

Spudman
May 4th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Way to go man! Get those creative engines a runnin.
Sounded great.

SuperSwede
May 6th, 2007, 01:43 AM
(Plus I'm on some major pain meds, ooiya)

In the music biz that is a positive thing..

Keep up the recording Zoso! :)

M29
May 6th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Sounded great, very inspiring ZoSo65! This is a lot of fun I can't wait till I can record like that.

Keep em comin!

M29

aeolian
May 7th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Good job playing and recording. Remember with digital recording never turn up the recording level to where it distorts, because that will sound awful and there is no way to fix it. Conversely it if the volume is low, that is OK because you can turn up the volume when you mix it down; since there is no 'tape hiss' with digital recording you can turn up the volume on the mix and it will still sound pristine.

ZoSo65
May 14th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Hey thanks all!
MAN!! I have to say after listening to it now that I'm off the pain meds,,I'm almost embarrassed by it :o This is the first time I've listened to it since I made it.
The first part is ahh ok at best, but the lateris terrible,,LOL
Pain meds and beer don't mix ,,hehe, especially when the pain meds aren't doing there job on top of it,,LOL
Had a terrible time making it physically, but a blast mentally!
I messed up my lower back at work, nothing serious or should I say long lasting. ( according to the Doc, just a couplke tendons "snapped" over my vertibraes) I could barely sit, let alone sit and play. So I did all that in about 2 hours, buzzed , hurting, new software,,,LOL
I'll clean it up, most likely redo it all.
I'll get the clip working again also, I've since changed ISP's (no more Comcrap, err Comcast) and built a new PC. I'll re-up it soon as I get it off my old PC, just for shit's and giggles ;)

Thanks again guys!

Oh yeah on a side note, seen a local band here Friday night, and was talking to the guitar player, before the show started, and told him about "Black Betty" Long story short, I ended up running home and getting her, he used her for there 3rd set. He made her sing! going through a modded Peavey Triple X head(not sure on his cab setup, 4x12 is all I know, we never got into that ;) ) Might have another order to build, I won't sell the original ;)
In total I have 3 builds to do, 1 is good to go (a tele screamer, neck through, Rio Grande twang bucker, undecided neck pup, Avonite deck, more later) , 2 are a good "maybe"(Black Betty style),,,,I might even start my own line, we'll see ;)

ted s
May 14th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Linky no worki for me..

PAGE UNAVAILABLE
This URL you typed is unavailable at this time.

duhvoodooman
May 15th, 2007, 05:00 AM
Same here.

Tim
May 15th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Dito