PDA

View Full Version : Short Zappa Clip

grcsomd
May 5th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Been a while since I have recorded anything... Got some new gear, and this is my first "sound check" clip.. A few short runs from "Black Napkins"... Hope you enjoy. Yeah.. its a little rough in places... ;)

http://www.box.net/shared/pajr11c11u

aeolian
May 7th, 2007, 11:01 AM
You know your way on the fretboard for sure. Good playing and recording.

R_of_G
May 13th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I thought that sounded quite good. I'm a big fan of both Frank and Dweezil [well, Ahmed too], and enjoyed hearing your take on Black Napkins. Very good Zappa-esque tone you got on that recording, particularly your use of the wah. Did you have a chance to see any of Dweezil's Zappa Plays Zappa shows? My wife and I saw the show this past fall in Orlando, FL. In a word, wow! Dweezil is everything I hoped he would be live, and more, and Frank would be so proud of the band the kid put together. These people are all top-notch musicians who can bring Frank's music to life as well as Frank's bands or Bogus Pomp [who also do a great job live]. Bozio, Napoleon, and Vai were all spectacular. I can still hear parts of Vai's solos in my head six months later.

zeusse
May 13th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Good job on this any chance of hearing Joe's Garage or Jewish Princess now that would be too cool:D

grcsomd
May 15th, 2007, 09:03 PM
I thought that sounded quite good. I'm a big fan of both Frank and Dweezil [well, Ahmed too], and enjoyed hearing your take on Black Napkins. Very good Zappa-esque tone you got on that recording, particularly your use of the wah. Did you have a chance to see any of Dweezil's Zappa Plays Zappa shows? My wife and I saw the show this past fall in Orlando, FL. In a word, wow! Dweezil is everything I hoped he would be live, and more, and Frank would be so proud of the band the kid put together. These people are all top-notch musicians who can bring Frank's music to life as well as Frank's bands or Bogus Pomp [who also do a great job live]. Bozio, Napoleon, and Vai were all spectacular. I can still hear parts of Vai's solos in my head six months later.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes I experienced the Oct 30th show in DC.. Great show! Wow is right! I had never seen Frank live so this was a special treat. I really enjoyed Dweezil's performance/solo on "The Torture Never Stops", he really laid it out there. I hope to have the DVD they are producing from this tour soon! In case you want "more" of the Black Napkins type clip I have another six minutes.. just drop me a note.. ;)

grcsomd
May 15th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Good job on this any chance of hearing Joe's Garage or Jewish Princess now that would be too cool:D

I am glad you enoyed it! From Joe's Garage: I have been working on "Watermelon in Easter Hay" for quite a while, almost as long as "Sleep Dirt" but they are/( I am) not ready yet.. I also have plans to figure out "On the Bus" as well. Outside of Joe's Garage I am also working on "Treacherous Cretins", "Sexual Harrassment in the Workplace" and the solo on "Inca Roads". Now being able to play "Ship Ahoy".. that would be incredible!!!