PDA

View Full Version : And Now For Something Completely Different...

t_ross33
May 5th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Playing around with the line out on my new (to me) Peavey Bandit into my laptop. Here's a quick and sloppy little boogie riff in E recorded with Audacity and my Squier Vintage Modified SH Tele. Using the blackface model on my RP-80 thru the fx loop on the clean channel with some reverb and a wee bit of drive from my Behringer Blues Overdrive.

Lots of clams, I know. Amazing how selfconscious one can be when one knows they are being recorded :p

Anyway, here's my contribution. Finally. fender boogie.mp3
(http://www.box.net/shared/ltyiz1hzfi)
Trev

Spudman
May 5th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Hey, that sounds great!
Now download some of our backing tracks and get to playin.:DR

SuperSwede
May 6th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Nice twang Trev! Do as Spud says and head over the our vault of backing tracks!

Tim
May 6th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Good job T_Ross! The sound was excellent if you did in deed went from the amp straight into a laptop. Let's hear more please.

zeusse
May 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Yepper its a great twang tone just watch your levels its clipping a tad but outside of that I'm diggin that.:D

t_ross33
May 6th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Yepper its a great twang tone just watch your levels its clipping a tad but outside of that I'm diggin that.:D

Thanks guys. Like I said, it was a quick and dirty little test run, but I thought it came through rather well on the recording.

On the subject of clipping: how do you set the input levels in Audacity without actually starting to record a track? Is there a "standby" or "pause" mode that I'm missing? :confused:

duhvoodooman
May 7th, 2007, 05:21 AM
If you click on the Audacity input level meter, it will show the input signal level when you're not actually recording.

sunvalleylaw
May 7th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Hey Trev, that rocks! A little bit Kingbeeish if you ask me, and to me that is a very good thing!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
May 7th, 2007, 08:51 AM
VERY COOL T ROSS ...10 on the twang meter...6S9L

aeolian
May 7th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Trev, rocking!

Zeusse's good advice. Also see my reply to ZoSo65. What's with all the Z's!

Justaguyin_nc
May 7th, 2007, 12:09 PM
You got the luther beat and sound down good there.. Johnny Cash would be proud!! nice...

t_ross33
May 7th, 2007, 04:13 PM
You got the luther beat and sound down good there.. Johnny Cash would be proud!! nice...

LOL! Thanks, Justa!! It quite fitting actually. I take a lot of my country guitar cues from my uncle. He played in bands with my Dad pretty much the whole time I was growing up. They covered a lot of Cash tunes and he's definately influenced by Luther.

You should hear our Johnny THRASH version of "Folsom Prison" :cool:

Trev