PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some recommendations....

duhvoodooman
May 7th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I want to fill in some gaps in my CD collection for prominent blues guitarists. I have nothing at all by either Robben Ford or Gary Moore. Would like to identify a CD or two for each representing some of their best blues work. I'm sure some of you will have informed opinions to pass along!

Spudman
May 7th, 2007, 03:04 PM
For Robben I like Mystic Mile and Robben Ford and The Blue Line from 1992 and 1993.

Gary Moore I like Victims Of The Future, We Want Moore, Run For Cover (rock), and Still Got The Blues (blues). Or you might try this double album. It has a mix of everything good. Blues Collection/Rock Collection 2004 or for blues only another doubble album The Best of the Blues 2002

M29
May 7th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Hello duhvoodooman,

I have Mystic Mile, you gotta get that one! I need to get more.

M29

tot_Ou_tard
May 7th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Ditto on the Robben Ford & the Blue Line.

duhvoodooman
May 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks, guys. Sounds like a couple of good ones to try!

duhvoodooman
May 15th, 2007, 07:44 AM
I bought Robben Ford and the Blue Line and Moore's The Best of the Blues 2002 and am thoroughly enjoying both. Great recommendations, guys--thanks. I decided to start with just one CD from each artist and go from there.

Ford has creamy LP blues tone to die for, and a really nice, clear tenor voice. A very tasteful and refined player--certainly a much more laid back style than the raucous Moore, whose hard rock roots really come through on many of the tunes. Screamin' raw LP tone on much of the solo work; a very emotional player. He also uses the Clapton "woman tone" to excellent effect on a couple of the tunes. I prefer Ford's voice, but Moore's is certainly more than adequate, and he puts as much emotion into his singing as his playing. So all in all, a couple of great additions to my blues collection!

M29
May 15th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Hello duhvoodooman,

There is some good discussion going here, especially in the Daved Zone. I found this on a search looking up Eminence Tonker speakers a while back.
http://www.online-discussion.com/RobbenFord/ I always enjoy hearing the working mans views on equipment and what not.

M29