PDA

View Full Version : Superstitious video lesson

Robert
January 15th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Posted a lesson - Superstitious - by Stevie Wonder. My way of playing it is hugely inspired by SRV, go figure.

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons

This is a great jam tune - it always gets the crowd going, and it's a blast to play!

I can't post the whole thing right now - it's too darn long and bandwidth consuming, so I posted a shorter version.

Spudman
January 15th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Robert
I agree with you. This is always a favorite for me to play as well. Apparently the song was originally written by Stevie Wonder for Jeff Beck to record. However, after it was written Stevie liked it and decided to keep it and release it himself. This did not deter Jeff from recording it as well. His version can be found on the classic album "Beck, Bogart and Appice".

Guitar-Chris
January 15th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Posted a lesson - Superstitious - by Stevie Wonder. My way of playing it is hugely inspired by SRV, go figure.

Hey it looks so easy when you play it, but at the moment there is not the right groove, when i play it. So i will have to try on...

SuperSwede
January 16th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Robert, very funky playing !

Justaguyin_nc
January 21st, 2006, 02:42 PM
Nice Robert... worth my time looking into this... you just set the sound dude... nice...

Robert
January 21st, 2006, 03:19 PM
Glad you liked it! Hope it's useful.

Robert
November 28th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Here is the tab for the main riff:

Superstitious

E||----------------------------------|----------------------------------||
B||----------------------------------|----------------------------------||
G||----------------------------------|----------------------------------||
D||------------------5---------------|------------------5---------------||
A||------7---5---7-----7---5-----5-7-|----------5---7-----7---5-----5-7-||
E||--0-------------------------7-----|--5---7---------------------7-----||

Get da funk on, brothers!

R_of_G
November 29th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Say thankya big big for this one Robert! I love both Stevie's, and the combination of one of Stevie's songs in Stevie Ray's style is def one to learn. Reminiscent to me of the version Jimi did of Stevie's "I Was Made to Love Her" with Stevie on drums [it's on the BBC Sessions stuff].

:Dude: