PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinions on necks for my custom Jagmaster please

tremoloman
May 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I'm at a crossroads on my Jagmaster project.
Which do you like better? The Tele or Strat neck?

Right now I'm leaning toward the Tele neck...

duhvoodooman
May 7th, 2007, 06:55 PM
+1 on the Tele neck....

jasongins
May 7th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I like the tele neck as well.

tot_Ou_tard
May 7th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Is there any way to get a lefty tele neck with the tuners on the bottom?

It might be a pain to play, but it'd look groovy with the Jag body!

M29
May 7th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Hello tremoloman,

Well...I went through this exact decision and I have to say that I like the Strats larger headstock on this body style. I think the proportions are better with the larger body. IMHO of course:D

M29

Big K
May 7th, 2007, 08:16 PM
small size strat style neck gets my feeble vote...

kerc
May 7th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I like huge Strat-style headstocks. :O

LagrangeCalvert
May 7th, 2007, 10:22 PM
How about a reverse tele neck....I don't think that has ever been done and it would look really different and cool IMHO

sunvalleylaw
May 7th, 2007, 10:43 PM
+1 Tele neck on that guitar. The Strat headstock fights with the curves on the Jagmaster. The tele headstock shape complements the body better. A nice look!

SuperSwede
May 8th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Tele :)

tremoloman
May 8th, 2007, 06:24 AM
You guys HAD to mention a reverse Tele neck! Dang!

I threw a mockup together real quick and I have to say I think it looks awesome! It matches the contours of the Jag body perfectly IMHO.

I have a concern... would tuning stability suffer going with this idea since there is less tension on the B and E strings than normal?

As always... thank you for your support!

Tone2TheBone
May 8th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Tele....erm wait......reverse Tele. :DR

Big_Rob
May 8th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Strat neck for the win

tremoloman
May 8th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the input everyone... I just bought a lefty maple neck from eBay. For those who voted for the Strat, I do own a Jazzmaster already which is similar in shape so that was one of the reasons the Tele won me over.

I gotta thank LagrangeCalvert for the idea of the reverse headstock. Thanks for the idea! :)

Iago
May 9th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Strat neck all the way! better if its the large CBS one.

LagrangeCalvert
May 9th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Just doing whats asked of me..... Make sure you post some really awesome pics up and write my name in big letters and inflate my EGO a little more....seriously kidding! and I just got it in my head to see if I would have gotten burned by other fretters for thinking it.... here....

www.myspace.com/evanisyourenemy

Check out my guitars....and if anyone wants explanations of anything (cause there isn't a thing stock on either guitars) I will be glad to let all the other fretters know.

LagrangeCalvert
May 9th, 2007, 11:14 PM
now you need some black graph tech saddles and some black sperzel locking tuners and an LSR roller nut...but thats how I set up all the fenders that come to me.

tremoloman
May 10th, 2007, 12:09 PM
My "standard" upgrades are Callaham tremolo blocks (bridges when applicable), Schaller/Gotoh locking tuners, and Trem/Tusq nuts. I LOVE LSR nuts but I don't have the skills to install one myself. LAst one I had installed cost $70 so I'll stick to the precut ones for now. If I had my way I'd have LSRs on all mine too!

now you need some black graph tech saddles and some black sperzel locking tuners and an LSR roller nut...but thats how I set up all the fenders that come to me.

LagrangeCalvert
May 10th, 2007, 10:49 PM
did you check out my pics?...both my guitars have them done and I didn't do the one on my Epi...but I did the one on my Strat....70 dollars is a little gouging IMHO...Doug at DMARA guitars (who is a crazy good luth) only charged me 30 dollars for install....um...PM me and I will get with him saturday on seeing how much he would charge to do it.

I wont play a guitar now without a roller nut or graphite saddles (on a fender style guitar). If you combine those with some solid tuners its IMHO of 19 years of playing the most stable tuning guitar you can get...cept' for the Floyd Rose Speedloader.

I might be able to get you a deal if your interested.

tremoloman
May 11th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Let me know... I'm interested! :)

did you check out my pics?...both my guitars have them done and I didn't do the one on my Epi...but I did the one on my Strat....70 dollars is a little gouging IMHO...Doug at DMARA guitars (who is a crazy good luth) only charged me 30 dollars for install....um...PM me and I will get with him saturday on seeing how much he would charge to do it.

I wont play a guitar now without a roller nut or graphite saddles (on a fender style guitar). If you combine those with some solid tuners its IMHO of 19 years of playing the most stable tuning guitar you can get...cept' for the Floyd Rose Speedloader.

I might be able to get you a deal if your interested.