PDA

View Full Version : For The Love of Beer

zeusse
May 8th, 2007, 11:19 AM
As I fiddled around with settings I came up with this Steve Vai tone for The Love of God and since it was beer chuggin afternoon I just changed the name for the fun of it. I recorded the guitar mic'd from the Fender Twin through the GNX and added some Lexicon Patheon reverb to it and it seemed to work pretty good...I'm getting on this Vai kick at the moment so I'll have some others done soon.

http://www.box.net/shared/9l1zhvtgiu For The Love of Beer

sunvalleylaw
May 8th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Really great sounds there Zuesse! :DR

Justaguyin_nc
May 8th, 2007, 03:14 PM
man...that makes a guy thirsty!!!.. Michelob time... great sound Z....

Spudman
May 8th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Good job on that one. Captured it very well. clap, clap, clap

Another one that I like to play is Little Alligator from Fire Garden. There is some space on that one to improvise quite a bit and I dig the funky groove.

Tim
May 8th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Nice one "Z". I settled for a glass of wine, since that was what I was drinking at the time.

SuperSwede
May 9th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Zeusse that beer intro was brilliant :)
Fanastic tone and feeling!

zeusse
May 9th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Thanks everyone I just try to do something thats as close as I can get to the originals but they don't always come out decent I got an old Styx tune I just can't seem to get the tones right for but I'll keep trying....Glad you liked it I have a bunch of Vai backers and can't decide between Tender Surrender or The Audience is Listening....I'll just flip a coin..LOL

duhvoodooman
May 9th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Very, very nicely done. I aspire to attaining 10% of your pinch harmonic proficiency some day! :DR

abraxas
May 9th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Excelent and imaginative!! Congrats!! :DR :DR

aeolian
May 9th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Nice one. I can appreciate that I'll never be able to play like that, but I can aspire to it.