PDA

View Full Version : Croatian guitarist

bluemoon
May 9th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Hello,
This is my first post. I am not a guitarist, but I am a music lover who knows quality when I hear it. I simply want to bring to the board's attention the music of a fingerstyle guitarist I discovered while traveling through E. Europe.
Last month, at a stop over in Rijeka, Croatia, I checked out an acoustic guitar fest by chance. I recognized the names of some of the guitarists on the billing, but it was the music of the host that grabbed my attention. I bought his CD at the show and have been enjoying it ever since. His name is Damir Halilic and from what I can tell, he plays American-sounding fingerstyle acoustic as well as I've heard in a long time. Maybe some of you pros might disagree, but you can decide for yourselves. His myspace link is:

www.myspace.com/halmusicland

I'll check this board for feedback.

Best regards,

Bluemoon

bluemoon
August 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM
This guy is brilliant...or impressive to say the least. Its hard to track down his releases, but I did some digging around on Google. Here are some links you can find his music internationally if you want to listen more thoroughly and in detail.

In the U.K. contact this Email address:

alansmith55@waitrose.com

The rest of the world:

Trilogy:

www.cdbaby.com/cd/halilic2

Infinity:

www.cdbaby.com/cd/halilic1

I'd be real curious to know opinions from other guitarists.

BM

Spudman
August 5th, 2007, 11:38 PM
I like it.
Thanks for turning us on to a great player from another country. I think a lot of us in the USA forget there are more great players than just the ones from here.

Why don't you introduce yourself at the Fret Players part of our forum so we can get to know you better.:)