PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say hello

R_of_G
May 9th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Hello fellow ax-slingers. Just found this forum yesterday, and I am glad I did. A bit about myself... I am 36, originally from NY, NY, lived a long time in NJ, and have resided in Tampa, FL for the past 15 years. I am a graphic designer by profession. I've played guitar for a little over seven years, and will do so as often as I can for the rest of my life. In no specific order, some of my favorite guitar players are Django Reinhardt, Marc Ribot, Bill Frisell, Jimi, Sonny Sharrock, Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Duane Allman, John McLaughlin, Pete Cosey, Robert Quine, and Leo Nocentelli. Looking forward to discussing music with all of you.

Robert
May 9th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Welcome, R_of_G! What can we call you that is easier to type?

You'll fit right in here, thanks for joining.

ted s
May 9th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Welcome RofG !

tot_Ou_tard
May 9th, 2007, 11:14 AM
So R of G welcome; great list of guitarists there....now back to trying to figure out just what fictional creation you are....see ya' in twenty years :D

ShortBuSX
May 9th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Hello from the other coast of Florida *waves*

tot_Ou_tard
May 9th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Hello from the other coast of Florida *waves*
Aren't there waves on *both* coasts of Florida? ;) :p :D

warren0728
May 9th, 2007, 12:38 PM
welcome R_of_G....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

duhvoodooman
May 9th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Welcome, R_of_G! Or should I call you Roland? I promise not to argue with anything you said in your introduction! ;) Glad to have you here at TheFret.

Tone2TheBone
May 9th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Welcome R_O_G!

sunvalleylaw
May 9th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Welcome, R_of_G! Or should I call you Roland? I promise not to argue with anything you said in your introduction! ;) Glad to have you here at TheFret.

Welcome! DVM, you mention Roland? Now I am really curious. My reference to Roland is the Headless Thompson Gunner, from Zevon fame. My law school classmates used to call me Stevie the Headless Thompson Gunner, but that is another story.

Anyway, welcome R_O_G! You found a nice place!

PS: I planned on having my 1000th post be a welcome! And what do you know!

SuperSwede
May 9th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Welcome R&G

duhvoodooman
May 9th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Welcome! DVM, you mention Roland? Now I am really curious. My reference to Roland is the Headless Thompson Gunner, from Zevon fame.
Roland of Gilead, the Gunslinger from the Steven King Dark Tower series.

R_of_G
May 9th, 2007, 03:29 PM
thanks to all. this site looks like it will be a lot of fun for me. i have several friends that play, but there are never too many people to talk about guitar with.

by the way, duhvoodooman, i am a fellow valvetronix user [though mine is the 15VT]. i LOVE that amp. i have a bunhc of pedals and an old [2nd gen] digitech multi-effects unit, but to be honest, since i got that amp a few yrs ago, the only pedal i really use anymore is my dan-o-wah [with octave divider]. awesome to meet another ribot fan and valvetronix user! btw, speaking of vox amps, i knew i'd leave someone out of my list when i wrote that intro. i didn't realize it would be jonny greenwood [radiohead]. i could smack myself for that one. then again, i have been listening to a lot of jazz lately so there you go.

R_of_G
May 9th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Excellent call voodooman, Roland of Gilead, aka The Gunslinger, indeed. I am almost as obsessed with those books as I am with Marc Ribot.

Robert
May 9th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Thankee-sai, for joining us. And don't eat that devil grass that lurks behind some threads!

Spudman
May 9th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Thankee-sai, for joining us. And don't eat that devil grass that lurks behind some threads!

Huh?????

Welcome RofG...in spite of whatever he just said.:confused: :D

tot_Ou_tard
May 9th, 2007, 09:02 PM
by the way, duhvoodooman, i am a fellow valvetronix user [though mine is the 15VT]. i LOVE that amp. i have a bunhc of pedals and an old [2nd gen] digitech multi-effects unit, but to be honest, since i got that amp a few yrs ago, the only pedal i really use anymore is my dan-o-wah [with octave divider]. awesome to meet another ribot fan and valvetronix user! btw, speaking of vox amps, i knew i'd leave someone out of my list when i wrote that intro. i didn't realize it would be jonny greenwood [radiohead]. i could smack myself for that one. then again, i have been listening to a lot of jazz lately so there you go.

I have an AD30Vt & a Tonelab & am definitely a Ribot fan.

I don't know nuttin' about Roland except that's my grandfather's name.

zeusse
May 10th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Welcome R of G you'll find a great bunch here I know I have:D

Hogfullofblues
May 10th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Welcome ROG, from the HOG!

tot_Ou_tard
May 11th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Welcome ROG, from the HOG!

R OG.....ROG
H OG.....HOG
P OG.....POG

Do any of you remember POG?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogs

We once took our kids to Disneyland & unbeknowst to us Disneyland was having a "Pog Wild" day. There were freakin' signs up everywhere. When we bought our tickets we were asked if we had come because of Pog Wild, which totally cracked us up.

We had big fun with that all day.

"Do you want to go on Space Mountain?"

"Naaw, let's go trade some Pogs". :D

R_of_G
May 11th, 2007, 08:46 AM
oh i remember, though thankfully too old to have participated in "collecting" them. though i spent many summers as a camp counselor and all those kids wanted to do was trade pogs. losers.

"Remember Alf? He's back, in pog form." - Milhouse Van Houten

Brian Krashpad
July 1st, 2007, 05:43 AM
Welcome fellow Floridian. There's quite a few of us here.

Helps balance out the Canadians. ;)

tot_Ou_tard
July 1st, 2007, 05:46 AM
"Remember Alf? He's back, in pog form." - Milhouse Van Houten

I missed this post RoG!

Brilliant.