PDA

View Full Version : Wordy Lawyer type players, Sheesh!

sunvalleylaw
May 9th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Just passed a 1000 posts. In less than a year. Thanks all for welcoming me here, for your help and camaraderie, and for letting me hang out with such great guys! I appreciate it. :) :D :DR

duhvoodooman
May 9th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Gee, as a moderator, I wonder if I can go in, delete a couple of your posts, and knock you down under a thousand again?? ;) :D

Seriously, thanks for your participation and enthusiasm. You may be a relative novice as a guitarist, but your contributions to the forum are many.

Tone2TheBone
May 9th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Good to have you here SunV!

sunvalleylaw
May 9th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Gee, as a moderator, I wonder if I can go in, delete a couple of your posts, and knock you down under a thousand again?? ;) :D

Seriously, thanks for your participation and enthusiasm. You may be a relative novice as a guitarist, but your contributions to the forum are many.

Oh sure, Mr. Moderator, pull the power play!! That, sir, would be met with immediate legal action!!! :p Yeah right! Thanks DVM, and Tone! I appreciate the support!:)

pie_man_25
May 9th, 2007, 04:16 PM
wow, I don't think I'll get that far.

Spudman
May 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM
It must be a chatty Steve thing, but that's alright. I have it too.:)

Thanks for your commitment to the forum. Tally ho!

Robert
May 9th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Man, you guys just talk, talk and talk. Especially Steve. Which Steve? Well looky I am talking too much too!

Chat on lawyer-Steve, we love to hear you ramble on! ;)

SuperSwede
May 10th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Steve, thank YOU for joining up fellow Mac user :)

sunvalleylaw
May 10th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks SuperSwede! I sure enjoy your participation as well and have learned a lot.

zeusse
May 10th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Man, you guys just talk, talk and talk. Especially Steve. Which Steve? Well looky I am talking too much too!

Chat on lawyer-Steve, we love to hear you ramble on! ;)I love to hear lawyers ramble as long as I'm not paying them..LOL....go,go Steve:)

ShortBuSX
May 10th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Congradulations!:DR

sunvalleylaw
May 10th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks Zuesse! (and ShortBusX) Yeah, my billable rate doesn't apply here and I am so glad for that. Nice place to get away. Ramble On to us all! (Brings to mind probably my favorite Zep song.)

Spudman
May 10th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Yeah, my billable rate doesn't apply here and I am so glad for that.

Cool! In that case I'd like to ask you a question.......

:rolleyes: :D

sunvalleylaw
May 10th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Hah! As I posted that I just KNEW you were going to pop off about it! LOL!

ted s
May 10th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Steve ! you posting machine !
Must be the visiting from work thing eh ?

tot_Ou_tard
May 11th, 2007, 05:58 AM
It's great to have you here Steve!!

I'm wondering if you did the fastest 0-1000 posts in Fret History?

You joined Oct 20, that gives you an average of over 5 posts a day.

I just check some of the likely suspects.

Moi, I have over 1500, but only a 3.5 posts a day ave.

Warren has me beat at 1571

(over half are about pancakes, the rest contain the phrase "welcome ....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....":p )

and a 2.91 ave.

Vood is fast approaching with 1,469 & a 3.4 ave.

Robert has just over 2000 and a 3.3 average.

Spudman is at 2,449!!!!

at a 4.85 post/day average you're being shown up by Steve the Younger! :D

SuperSwede (look at those S's go!) has 2,468 & a 4.57 average.

Tone is at 2490...come-on Boney you can make 10 posts today!!!
His ave is 4.12.

Tim has just over 1300 and a 2.38 ave. Man those T's (me included) are no slouches either.

sunvalleylaw
May 11th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah, the posting from work thing definately does contribute. Seriously, I when I started playing regularly after beginning lessons with my son, I couldn't believe I had let my acoustic sit there neglected for 5 years when I found I enjoyed it so much. When I started looking at electric equipment, and specifically the Vox amphs, I found this place via Robert's Dolphinstreet, and was amazed at how nice everyone was to a newbie. The rest is just newbie enthusiasm and intensity for a new interest. Thanks all for putting up with my blathering. I had figured I was outpacing most, if not all. A little embarrassing to see the numbers crunched to confirm it. I had figured Tone and Spud were the closest contenders for pace lately. Just the fact that I know that is a bit scary though! LOL! :p

Brian Krashpad
May 11th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Wordy lawyers!:mad:

I resemble that remark! :D

Congrats on your milestone.

ted s
May 11th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Hey , why do lawyers where neck ties ? .... uh-oh, I'm surrounded.. nevermind.

Spudman
May 11th, 2007, 11:09 AM
The devil visited a lawyer's office and made him an offer. "I can arrange some things for you, " the devil said. "I'll increase your income five-fold. Your partners will love you; your clients will respect you; you'll have four months of vacation each year and live to be a hundred. All I require in return is that your wife's soul, your children's souls, and their children's souls rot in hell for eternity."

The lawyer thought for a moment. "What's the catch?" he asked.

Disclaimer: This is not the opinion of Spudman.:)