PDA

View Full Version : TS Clones--Who's Interested?

duhvoodooman
May 9th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I'm trying to do a little advanced planning. I'm tentatively looking at early June to crank out a few more Tube Screamer-type overdrive pedals. I've laid out the following "product offering" matrix, along with price levels. I'd like to get an idea of who might be interested in which. Running rules will be as before:

First come, first served.
Prices shown don't include shipping. I use US Priority Mail, insured + delivery confirmation. About $10 in the continental US.
50% payment upfront, and the balance due prior to shipment.
PayPal or Money Order only. Sorry--no personal checks. Don't even ask.
I reserve the right to refuse taking new orders of any models at any time, depending upon how busy I am & how much **** my wife is giving me.

Note that the price on the ZYS is up substantially over the "special introductory price" of $150 that I charged for the first bunch. That's because all the switchable options make these extremely time-consuming to fabricate. Even at $199, I don't know if the ZYS is really a productive use of my time vs. the other models. But it sure is one amazing pedal....

Here's a table I put together showing the features of each model. Note that there are optional clipping configurations available on a couple of them. If you have additional questions or need clarification, shoot me a PM. And if you're interested in buying one of these puppies, contact me the same way:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/DVM_TS_pedals.gif

ted s
May 10th, 2007, 05:17 AM
DVM must e getting ready for retirement ? :R

warren0728
May 10th, 2007, 05:20 AM
i'll take 100 of each....but i need them by monday...that gives you the whole weekend to whip them out! :D :p :DR

ww

ShortBuSX
May 10th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Wow! They are all so tempting...even though I just got the Screamin Banshee.
I really like mine, and Im playing more because of it!

Ive got one buddy who wants one, hes deciding as we speak.

Tone2TheBone
May 10th, 2007, 09:35 AM
I'll say it again and not just because Voo is my friend. ;) Everything that I expected my Zonkin Yellow Screamer to do...it does. I am very finicky with stuff as my friends know. It is one bad puppy OD. The ZYS delivers.

warren0728
May 10th, 2007, 12:29 PM
i'm definitely gonna get a ZYS...timing is just bad right now

ww

duhvoodooman
May 11th, 2007, 12:41 PM
To supplement the summary descriptions of the four DVM overdrive pedal models in the table above, I also put together a description of the tonally important features that distinguish these pedals in the attached PDF document. So if you don't understand some of my comments above or are looking for additional technical detail, give this a read:

r_a_smith3530
May 12th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Hey Voodoo, did you ever try these out with a bass, and if so, was it a pleasant experience?

duhvoodooman
May 13th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I haven't, but I think ShortBuSX, who bought the Screamin' Banshee pedal, has a bass player friend who tried it. Maybe he'll chime in here....

ShortBuSX
May 13th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Yes and I think I can help with good POSSITIVE observations too!

For starters my buddys (either)amp or bass doesnt respond well to string bending or harmonics...but with this pedal(and the stock opamp) he was in bass string bending heaven! To me it sounded very good, a major improvement over his normal some whatdry tones(he doesnt use effects and his amp is a Fender SS).

I will have to say this though, either he had too much level or too much gain(or both) on the pedal and even though it sounded really cool, his speaker sounded like it wanted to invert itself...but then he tamed the pedal and it sounded great!

duhvoodooman
May 14th, 2007, 09:35 AM
One thing I'd definitley recommend for use with a bass would be to use a high cap rating in the high-pass filter to the gain stage and knock the bass rolloff point way down. A 1uf cap with the stock 4.7K resistor would dump it down to 34Hz, which should do the job nicely!

So are ya tempted, Mr. Smith? :D

duhvoodooman
June 4th, 2007, 10:38 AM
LAST CALL!!!

I'll be ordering parts later this week, so anybody who might be interested in one of these pedals needs to contact me ASAP. This will likely be the last "production run" until some time in the fall.

ShortBuSX
June 5th, 2007, 06:30 AM
When do you need the money for this? I think I may get one of these now too.

duhvoodooman
June 5th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Probably by the weekend. I'll shoot you a PM when I need the 50% prepay.

BTW, which model are you interested in?

ShortBuSX
June 5th, 2007, 07:36 AM
BTW, which model are you interested in?

You know, Im just being impulsive...I want the ZYS, but I probably should wait until fall. All that talk about gain got me wantin to upgrade and get the Banshee a companion...sorry, I just remembered I get my buddy's Muff pedal after he recieves his Banshee Plus...you said in the fall, right?

WackyT
June 5th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I'm thinking about a ZYS in the fall also. Are you working on any improvements for that model, or is it pretty well set now?

duhvoodooman
June 5th, 2007, 09:07 AM
You know, Im just being impulsive...I want the ZYS, but I probably should wait until fall. All that talk about gain got me wantin to upgrade and get the Banshee a companion...sorry, I just remembered I get my buddy's Muff pedal after he recieves his Banshee Plus...you said in the fall, right?
Hey, no problem. Yeah, I think fall will be the earliest I'd be making another batch, but I can't make any promises. I have family, job & church commitments competing for my time....

I'm thinking about a ZYS in the fall also. Are you working on any improvements for that model, or is it pretty well set now?
I think it's pretty well set. My last batch of customers seems pretty satisfied with the feature set! That little yellow box is pretty well packed as it is--not sure I'd have room for anything else!! ;)

ShortBuSX
June 5th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I think fall will be the earliest I'd be making another batch, but I can't make any promises.

When are you placing your order? Whens the deadline?

duhvoodooman
June 5th, 2007, 12:34 PM
When are you placing your order? Whens the deadline?
Prolly this weekend.