PDA

View Full Version : Good Stores in Florida

Iago
January 16th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Hello Guys,

I'll be in Florida on thursday! Back to the U.S.A. after 9 years!
So, since I will buy a guitar there, probably a Fender (Fender guitars are extremely expensive here) maybe someone can tell me where are the good stores around the Tampa and Orlando area???

Or should I go straight to Guitar Center?

Thank You!

warren0728
January 16th, 2006, 06:08 PM
iago,
I live near orlando and there is a great local shop located in casselberry (15 -20 minutes from downtown orlando) The owners name is ron and is a great guy. He is a friend of mine...chances are he will be at NAMM but his shop will be open.

Not sure where you will be in the orlando area but it would be cool if we could hook up and head over to his shop. There is also a guitar center and sam ash within 10 minutes of each other if ron doesn't have what you are looking for.

I work for myself so i could get you to the shops without you needing a map or anything.

Here is rons website (which sucks btw) i'm working on him letting me redo his website for that american deluxe telecaster i've had my eye on and talked about on this forum!

http://musicshack.biz/home.htm

ww

Tim
January 17th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Iago - I live about 60 miles from Orlando. I hope you enjoy your travels to Florida. You must give us a little bit more information about your visit. How long are you going to be in Florida? I wish I could meet you also, but this weekend is full with other commitments.

I would be very happy to meet Warren also. Someday!

Iago
January 17th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks Warren and Tim!

I'll be in Florida for 15 days, then maybe I'll spend some days in Pinellas Park with a friend of mine...I just gotta see how long my money will last :D

The Hotel I'll stay is the Qualitty Inn (International Drive 7600 I think, near the Wet 'n' Wild).

Warren you gotta do something really quick about that website! But I'm sure that's a pretty good store.

I'll be pleased if you guys PM me. It would be very nice to do a "guitar tour" and meet some new friends!!

Tim
January 17th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Warren – Here is your in on building a new web page. You need to tell your friend (the owner) that a potential buyer from Brazil does not like the website. It could mean a loss of a sale. He may be one of many who turn away.

warren0728
January 17th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Tim....i'll definately use that as another reason to update his site. I think i have him convinced already though. Maybe if Iago wants to go to his shop i can tell ron he wasn't going to even shop there because of the website but i convinced him too anyway!

It would be cool if all three of us could get together one day during iago's stay. Not sure what your schedule is like tim...but i am pretty flexible since i work at home.

ww

Tim
January 17th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Iago - Give me all the dates you will be in the Orlando FLorida area.

Warren - I'll get back to you on a possible date.

Iago
January 19th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Hi you!!

I`m already in Orlando...after some 30 unslept hours!!!

I`ll be here on the Hotel `till tuesday! January 24th I guess...then I`m going to Pinellas Park. I`m dizzy because of the
long time awake :/ Typing is a hard work to me right now...

And tomorrow is my birthday! Tell Ron from the Music Shack that I want a big discount! :D

It`s good to be back!

Tim
January 19th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Iago,

Glad you made it to the States. I have sent a PM to Warren. I should be able to drive down tomrrow morning and be in Orlando around 10:00am. It would be a pleasure helping you find the perfect guitar for you. I will be calling Warren after I get on the road. Hopefully you both will have the plan for the day all laid out. I mustleave Orlando by 2:00 to be back home arounf 4:00pm. See you then.

Tim

Iago
January 20th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I will be calling Warren soon... thank you guys again... as always, I forgot some stuff back home in Brazil... like deodorant, shampoo...:D

Robert
January 20th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Have fun guys, tell us all about it!

warren0728
January 20th, 2006, 07:05 PM
we will....i just pm'ed iago....we will most likely get together on Monday!

I'll bring my camera and post some pics.

ww