PDA

View Full Version : G Blues

FrankAxtell
May 10th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I just recorded this slow blues in G....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=518251&songID=5328867

sunvalleylaw
May 10th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks Frank for the post, and making it downloadable. I really like it! I downloaded it to try to learn from. I like your stuff and enjoy hearing your bluesey side.

stingx
May 11th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Killer playing and tone, Frank. I enjoy your music a lot. Man but there are lot's 'o tasty parts to pick from in that track. Very well done blues. http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/c/clap.gif

zeusse
May 12th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Most excellent Frank and the tone is just dreamy:DR

FrankAxtell
May 12th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks Frank for the post, and making it downloadable. I really like it! I downloaded it to try to learn from. I like your stuff and enjoy hearing your bluesey side.
Thanks so much...it's very flattering to think you'd use my rough jams to learn from...made my day! :)

FrankAxtell
May 12th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Killer playing and tone, Frank. I enjoy your music a lot. Man but there are lot's 'o tasty parts to pick from in that track. Very well done blues. http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/c/clap.gif
Thank you very much...I try to transcribe as much as possible from great artist I enjoy...thanks again.

FrankAxtell
May 12th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Most excellent Frank and the tone is just dreamy:DR
Thanks for the kind words...I have been experimenting with my old red 50 watt Marshall JMP and 4x12 cab with the Xotic AC Booster and Carl Martin compressor...using my old Fender strat....it's funny the older I get the more I'm going back to gear I was using when I was 17..lol.:)

zeusse
May 12th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words...I have been experimenting with my old red 50 watt Marshall JMP and 4x12 cab with the Xotic AC Booster and Carl Martin compressor...using my old Fender strat....it's funny the older I get the more I'm going back to gear I was using when I was 17..lol.:)Its a great combination you have there its a very warm tone are they the original pups on the Strat?

FrankAxtell
May 13th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Its a great combination you have there its a very warm tone are they the original pups on the Strat?
Thanks...I'm getting closer to the tone I'm trying to achieve. My Fender strat is an '62 reissue built in 1982 and the pup's are from a 1968 Fender strat.

zeusse
May 13th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Thats always it isn't it even if 1000people say WOW love your tone, we never are satisfied...there are a ton of guys when I hear certain tones they have I am envious especially this track. I got Lace Sensors in my Strat and they do give a real nice tone but maybe I should try a vintage set of pups the one I have the original pups got melted in my first potting experiment...LOL

FrankAxtell
May 15th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Thats always it isn't it even if 1000people say WOW love your tone, we never are satisfied...there are a ton of guys when I hear certain tones they have I am envious especially this track. I got Lace Sensors in my Strat and they do give a real nice tone but maybe I should try a vintage set of pups the one I have the original pups got melted in my first potting experiment...LOL
I have lots of old and new gear...It seems to me the old stuff just rocks...vintage fender amps and marshalls. It's getting hard and harder to find and when you do, you have to spend a mint.

Jamie O
May 16th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Man that was sweet Frank!

Robert
May 17th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Nice playing! Yeah!

Sounds really deep down bluesy, great tone and licks.

FrankAxtell
May 18th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks Robert...that was the strat / marshall combo...