PDA

View Full Version : Help Stop The Madness!!

Justaguyin_nc
May 11th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Has anyone noticed I am in a big buying mood these last few weeks.. Didn't know after a few months of retirement you decide you have to have more and more toys to keep you company...:) Oh...I got an electric heli comming to...

It's great to not have to buy GAS and just use G.A.S at home.....:)

Or electric G.A.S. in this case

:R

ShortBuSX
May 12th, 2007, 09:45 AM
You know that flying one of those is said to be the equivelent of "standing on a greased beach ball"...Ive ven heard that its easier to fly a real helicopter.

Ive got a buddy that makes carbon parts for RC copters...hes got a sim that he tells everyone to get before shelling out the cash.

They look like fun though...but too expensive of a hobby for me.

Justaguyin_nc
May 12th, 2007, 03:48 PM
they can be expensive..this is actually a cheap one.. about $200 with extra parts and a wireless cam for some movies..lol..

there is a free sim called FMS you can use with your keyboard and/or your controller can hook to the usb ports on some models.. making it easier to adjust .. I will find out soon enough how rough it is... this is also a 2 prop heli which suppose to hover easily???? I just want to scare the heck out of the cats with it actually...:)

zeusse
May 12th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Those are cool yeah you'll have fun with that, we go to the small airport everyonce in a while the modelers have all their remote control craft zippin around. There's a guy in town here that has a Twin Heli its got about a 10ft radius on the blade and its about 4ft long and he also has a remote jet thats about 3or 4 ft its just incredible to watch.

Justaguyin_nc
May 13th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Wow, he does have some money in that thing... Hopefully this little one will serve my craving.. basicly doing this with a little bigger one and outside for the cats...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm2L4-7deZM

Tone2TheBone
May 14th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Does that come with 30mm chain guns and hellfire missiles? ;) That video is hilarious LMAO Cool 'copter!

Justaguyin_nc
May 14th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Does that come with 30mm chain guns and hellfire missiles? ;) That video is hilarious LMAO Cool 'copter!

They have yet to perfect the little chain guns at this size... but there is a add-on module that will give you the sound effects at the press of a button..;)

Tone2TheBone
May 14th, 2007, 02:14 PM
They have yet to perfect the little chain guns at this size... but there is a add-on module that will give you the sound effects at the press of a button..;)

Just for laughs I think you should post your own video of your new 'copter terrorizing small children or old people or some kind of small animal of some type. heh ;) (note: no offence to the small children, old people and small animals of the Fret intended)

Hogfullofblues
May 14th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Looks like a blast, and wireless camera? This could be interesting. Careful though, our cat would have yanked that little heli in the video out of the air instantly. Even if she had to knock over a lamp, leap off my head and rebound off a wall to do it.