PDA

View Full Version : Germino Club 40

6STRINGS 9LIVES
May 12th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Had an opportunity to play through a Germino Club 40 last night , all I can say is wow , this amp is da bomb . Hooked up to a 4-12 Germino cab it was ,I have to say, one of the best sounding rigs I have ever plugged into . It has all of the crunch and balls you would expect of a Marshall type clone and was totally useable at bar room levels . The cleans were amazing .. Not a inexpensive amp I was told the head and cab set the guy back about 3000 bucks , but you certainly get what you pay for . again all I can say is WOW .

Robert
May 12th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Cool, I would like a Marshall style amp next, hope I get a get a chance to try one of those.

Plank spanker has a Germino I think?

duhvoodooman
May 12th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Yup, he has a bright tomato red Germino Club 40 2x12 combo:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1232&page=2

tot_Ou_tard
May 12th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Yup, he has a bright tomato red Germino Club 40 2x12 combo:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1232&page=2

Yeah, but he had to pay an extra $7.50 for the six pack of beer.

Plank_Spanker
May 14th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah, but he had to pay an extra $7.50 for the six pack of beer.

LOL!

I LOVE my Club 40! I don't know about unbridled barroom levels, though - the amp is loud. I use a Hot Plate with mine.

One of the best features of the amp is it's touch / volume sensitivity. I can set the amp's volume around 1 o'clock for a good snarl at full guitar volume, and just dial the volume back a tad or pick softly for a clean response. If you're not used to "playing an amp", the Club 40 will humble you until you figure it out...............it humbled me. :D

The cleans are rich, full, round, and distinct. The distorted saturation is the stuff that dreams are made of - creamy, rich, and "in your face" in a wonderful sort of way. It takes pedals very well. All I use with it now is a chorus, a wah, and a reverb.

It's the best amp purchase I've ever made. :D

6STRINGS 9LIVES
May 14th, 2007, 05:06 PM
+1 to that , what are prices like in your neck of the woods Planker . I was truly amazed by its transperency and sensitivity too , probably a desert island amp. I have checked out some of their dealers and prices seem consistent . Have you had any issues with yours ?

Plank_Spanker
May 14th, 2007, 05:32 PM
+1 to that , what are prices like in your neck of the woods Planker . I was truly amazed by its transperency and sensitivity too , probably a desert island amp. I have checked out some of their dealers and prices seem consistent . Have you had any issues with yours ?

I paid $2300 for my combo - ordered it through Black Creek Guitars in NY. I waited almost 4 months to get the amp. It shipped straight from Greg's amp shop.

I had one minor issue with a channel cutting out. I e-mailed Greg, he told me what to look for and fix (cold solder joint on pin 9 of V1), and I was up and running again in 15 minutes time. It's been a bulletproof amp since then and it's hauled to gigs. Greg is a sweetheart and truly backs his amps up all of the way.

Save your coins for one 6S9L. It's truly a "crown jewel" amp. :D