PDA

View Full Version : Vintage tuner templates?

tremoloman
May 12th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know if templates exist which to assist in accurately drilling pilot holes for the mounting screws?

LagrangeCalvert
May 13th, 2007, 06:18 PM
no but I can send you a full set of vintage 50's series strat tuners for 5 bucks

I just got my spezerls on my strat and have a set of vintage tuners sitting around. As far as templates....Im at a loss.

BTW, Doug, The roller nut guy, was not in this weekend...but Tues. he will be in and I will talk to him on how to measure.

Dauntless
May 13th, 2007, 09:09 PM
If "tremoloman" dosn't want them, I'd be more than willing to take them off your hands.
I've got a Tele, just crying for a set of vintage tuners to make her complete.

As far as a template, not needed!
Install your bushings, set tuners in place and use a straight edge to line them up, mark and drill. Then use the straight edge again to assist in alignment for mounting the tuners. Some people use a small clamp to hold the straight edge in place.
Don't forget soap for the screw threads, you'll run less of a risk of breaking the screws and, if needed, a little tape on the drill bit so as not to go too deep.
I usually just make starter holes for the screws and I always use the soap on screws as it lubes the screw, making for less work and tighter fit.

tremoloman
May 14th, 2007, 09:51 AM
no but I can send you a full set of vintage 50's series strat tuners for 5 bucks

I just got my spezerls on my strat and have a set of vintage tuners sitting around. As far as templates....Im at a loss.

BTW, Doug, The roller nut guy, was not in this weekend...but Tues. he will be in and I will talk to him on how to measure.I'd love to take them off your hands if you still have 'em. (Sorry Dauntless)

Dauntless
May 15th, 2007, 06:52 AM
I'd love to take them off your hands if you still have 'em. (Sorry Dauntless)

I think I'll cry now. :cool: :DR