PDA

View Full Version : Knockin' On Heaven's Door

stingx
May 13th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Here's one of my favorite internet collaborations. Kinda old too - from '04.
This track features special performances from Sergio Davini on vocals and Chris Watson of Black Rose fame on lead guitar. I play rhythm and provided the drum, piano and bass sequencing. All parties sent their respective tracks to me as mp3s using a bitrate of 160 or better. I mixed and mastered this piece in Cubase SE with a bit of Ozone. Hope you enjoy listening. I really enjoyed hammering out this one - I especially love the syncopation!

Here's the link:

http://www.box.net/shared/n0dy8y0dbd

ted s
May 13th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Fantastic job Pete ! One of my favourite songs, all renditions.
Really enjoyed that.

zeusse
May 13th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Ya I heard this on a post by Chris..aka Whawha I know him quite well its always great to hear this again. I've always enjoyed Chris's style I think between the two of us we've covered every Van Halen tune there is...LOL

tot_Ou_tard
May 14th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Great version of a great song StingX! :DR

stingx
May 14th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Ya I heard this on a post by Chris..aka Whawha I know him quite well its always great to hear this again. I've always enjoyed Chris's style I think between the two of us we've covered every Van Halen tune there is...LOL

Chris is a damn cool guy. He didn't have to but he came all the way down to London to show a friend and I a bunch of cool places we wouldn't have otherwise seen. I also have a cool version of Comfortably Numb that we worked on together where I take the first solo and he does the outtro. He actually inspires me to play better because he's so damn meticulous. :)

sunvalleylaw
May 19th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Pete: I really like it. I love sycnopation too. Liked this rawk'n version!

TS808
May 27th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Nice job!! That's one of those songs that no matter how many times I've heard it, I never get tired of it.

In this case....excellent....listening to the guitar solo now (again). Great job!