PDA

View Full Version : Video - My Blue Deluxe Players Strat

Robert
May 14th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Here is a weekend video of my new Fender Strat (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-41.php).

Using the ZYS and some delay. 19 Sixty 3 on the clean tones. Using my Reverend Hellhound with the Avatar 2 x 12 cab.

How are the tones?

ted s
May 14th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Smokin' as usual Robert.. nice hat. I think all the yellow burned my retina's:eek:

sunvalleylaw
May 14th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Man, I think the tones are great! Plus, I like what you say underneath the vid about having to cut it down from a much longer vid because you were having too much fun playing. That says something! Your tone is always great as far as I am concerned, but this seems to have something a little special. :)

Jimi75
May 14th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Hello Robert,

From what I hear and see I would say this guitar is a perfect fit for you. You get wonderful tones out the guitar and the intro tones reminded me of Eric Johnson.

You are about to reach perfect tone, if you not already have it with this Strat.

The sound is very clear, also in the more distorted parts, you can hear every note and it doesn't get muddy or so, which is typical for the Noiseless pick ups that on the other hand cost some hum and balls in my eyes.

Congratulations on that guitar. I personally hear a huge difference between this guitar and your other guitars - this one has more bottom and soul.

Tone2TheBone
May 14th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Those vintage noiseless pups sound pretty good Rob.

Justaguyin_nc
May 14th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Ya know it's kinda strange Robert... All your sounds are good if not great. Reason I have tried to learn from you. This guitar sounds cleaner even in the gainy settings if that makes sense. You have always had a Dirty High sound to me.. A very good Dirty high sound. Now you have a more smoooth sound. I want to hear you get dirty with that guitar and some of the old VOX-AD settings. My 60's strat could never get to dirty..and always thought it was me not knowing how to adjust for it.. till I got this maple necked JV and now see its pickups more then anything (darn beginner knows nothing).. your going just the other way... so it sounds different to me.. less ballsy but more defined..I classified my 60's as a rhythm guitar and the JV as a lead.. at this point I guess thats the same for your Blue model compared to the others..

abraxas
May 14th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Very nice tones and excellent playing as always Robert!

I agree that this guitar seems to "suit" your style and tone quest and I wouldn't be surprised if it became your No 1 axe for a long time to come.

Rock on mate! :R

duhvoodooman
May 14th, 2007, 12:39 PM
The Deluxe Players sounds very, very good, Robert! I hear a richness and depth to its tone that your cheaper Fenders--both real ones and copies--just don't seem to have. Beautiful singing Strat tone in that clip, both clean & dirty. I'd read quite a range of comments about the Vintage Noiseless pickups, both good and bad, but they sound just great to me. Some people may prefer a thinner, janglier "vintage" Strat tone, but your DP has real girth and presence to its tone while still being absolutely true to the Strat character. Very impressive sounding axe, dude--ya done good with that one!!

BTW, that's as good as I've heard the ZYS sound! The pedal's ability to add overdrive without coloring the fundamental sound of the guitar really shows through in this clip. NICE!!! :DR :R :DR

6STRINGS 9LIVES
May 14th, 2007, 12:41 PM
sounds great on ya Robert , I too notice an improvement in overall tone .. congrats on the new axe .

sunvalleylaw
May 14th, 2007, 01:21 PM
The Deluxe Players sounds very, very good, Robert! I hear a richness and depth to its tone that your cheaper Fenders--both real ones and copies--just don't seem to have. Beautiful singing Strat tone in that clip, both clean & dirty. I'd read quite a range of comments about the Vintage Noiseless pickups, both good and bad, but they sound just great to me. Some people may prefer a thinner, janglier "vintage" Strat tone, but your DP has real girth and presence to its tone while still being absolutely true to the Strat character. Very impressive sounding axe, dude--ya done good with that one!!

BTW, that's as good as I've heard the ZYS sound! The pedal's ability to add overdrive without coloring the fundamental sound of the guitar really shows through in this clip. NICE!!! :DR :R :DR

Upon re-thinking what I heard, I agree with DVM and Jimi especially, and wanted to add that I thought I heard a richer, deeper and clearer "chime" in the tone as compared to your other clips, especially the earlier stuff in this clip. Very full in the deeper tones too. I am really pleased to hear you on it!

zeusse
May 14th, 2007, 05:02 PM
I'll have to go and have a closer listen to some of your other clips to make a comparison but that does have a great smooth tone congradulations on the new baby:D

Hogfullofblues
May 14th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I clicked back and forth between your blue strat and some other clips on the page, and your new baby is rich and clear, clean or dirty, and awesome with the ZYS. SWEEEET!

Spudman
May 14th, 2007, 06:31 PM
That sounds pretty good. A bit more modern sound. I actually think the Custom Shop pickups sound better....just because. Don't get me wrong. The new ones sound FAT..er. Just different. Maybe a bit more growl?

t_ross33
May 14th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I'm not worthy (bows):DR

That, my friend, sounds freakin' awesome! That Strat just sings in your hands! Got me thinkin' about DVM's TS808 clones... hmmm

Now about that pickguard... ;) :p

Kidding!

Nice purchase. Congratulations, Robert!

Trev

FrankAxtell
May 15th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Robert, your tone is awesome.

Robert
May 15th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks guys! It's not too bad this guitar, even though I do like the real vintage style of single coils better for their tone, but for gigging, I honestly prefer these noiseless ones because of their minimal noise.

Tim
May 15th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I just stumbled upon this jewel. I agree with all the other Fretters. Your sound and tone are awesome. Now about that progression you where playing? The scales and chords where also great.

Robert
May 15th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks Tim! I was just improvising stuff as usual.

Lev
May 21st, 2007, 06:55 AM
Sounds Great Robert, how are you finding the 12" neck radius? It took some getting used to for me on my Classic Player 60's but now I love it.

Robert
May 21st, 2007, 07:10 AM
Lev, I feel the same way. It took a while to get used to it, and I am starting to really like it now. It seems to resonate more and produce a bigger tone too.

tot_Ou_tard
May 21st, 2007, 07:00 PM
Freakin' awesome combo...Robert, new strat, Vood's pedal.

Really great stuff!

gtrwrks
May 21st, 2007, 08:35 PM
Nice Strat, Robert - great job on the vid playing as well; fantastic tones as usual - like others commented, I too dig the 'Clarity of Strat' that your tones have. Wonderful stuff; congrats on the new gtr.

Spudman
May 22nd, 2007, 07:22 AM
gtrwrks
Why don't you take a moment and tell us about yourself and your gear in The Fret Players forum.

marnold
May 22nd, 2007, 08:10 AM
Of course now Robert has gone all big-time on us with this fancy Fender of his and hand-wired OD pedal. Pretty soon he'll only be playing through Dumbles. :)

Robert
May 22nd, 2007, 08:17 AM
Hehe, thanks guys - the Fender Strat I have sounds great!

I am now getting hand made picks, strings and a couple of Dumbles just to clean off that stigma I have as being a cheapie. ;)

Seriously, I played most of my guitars yesterday, and guess what? My top 2 guitars are my new Fender and my Squier Tele. They are hands down the best sounding and "best playing" guitars of all my guitars.

sunvalleylaw
May 22nd, 2007, 08:43 AM
That is great Robert! I am glad you really like your new strat, and glad to hear about the tele. How far down the list did the '51 drop if I may ask? Just curious because those still seem like fun, unique guitars.

Robert
May 22nd, 2007, 09:27 AM
The '51 is number 3, close behind the Tele!

sunvalleylaw
May 22nd, 2007, 09:34 AM
That was my guess, just based on what you have used in your lessons. Glad to hear I guessed right. Also makes me thing that if I were to be looking to add a guitar of that genre, I would lean toward the tele type.