PDA

View Full Version : Cubase Le Latencey

6STRINGS 9LIVES
May 14th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I've been trying to mix some tracks from the studio here at home using cubase le , just wondering if anybody knows of a good site for cubase basics ..I know Stingx has had great sucess as evidenced by his recordings , but for the life of me I just cant seem to get this software to function properly ..any help would be appreciated .

Spudman
May 14th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Try the Cubase forum for answers. Lots of knowledgeable guys there.
http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/

6STRINGS 9LIVES
May 14th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Cheers Spud . Thankx

stingx
May 15th, 2007, 06:21 AM
6string, can you tell me what sound card you are using?

6STRINGS 9LIVES
May 15th, 2007, 08:54 AM
The sound card is a creative labs , no big deal .. I'm going into the pc via a tascam us122 usb , which works fine .. even when I use my old tascam 4 track into the us 122 there is a lag when pulling down a fader on the 4-track relative to the monitor volume on cubase , thanks Stingx any help would be great .

SuperSwede
May 15th, 2007, 09:08 AM
6s9l, does the tascam have a control panel? Try to set it to only 2 channels in, and try to set it at 44.1khz 16bit for starters. Also, USB audio interfaces depends a lot on their drivers, have you updated to the latest version?
You should also try to lower the buffer size (usually in the sound card settings application).

6STRINGS 9LIVES
May 15th, 2007, 06:16 PM
thanks Super , doing a re-install with updated drivers as soon as possible .. hope it works ..

SuperSwede
May 16th, 2007, 02:29 AM
thanks Super , doing a re-install with updated drivers as soon as possible .. hope it works ..

It might do the trick, you can also check inside Cubase what latency you got. You should be able to get around 6ms which works pretty good.