PDA

View Full Version : Need some help and advice.........

Fingers
May 15th, 2007, 05:07 AM
I think my wife is cheating on me. I am a working musician and, as you would expect, travel a lot. I have been noticing strange things happening when I get home. Her mobile phone rings and she steps outside to answer it or she says, "I'll call you back later". When I ask her who called she gets evasive.

Sometimes she goes out with friends but comes home late, getting dropped off around the corner and walking the rest of the way.
I once picked up the extension while she was on the phone and she got very angry.

A buddy of mine plays guitar in a band. He told me that my wife and some guy have been to his gigs. He wanted to borrow my guitar amp. That's when I got the idea to find out for myself what was really happening. I said "sure, you can use my amp but I want to hide behind it at the gig and see if she comes into the venue and who she comes in with". He agreed.

Saturday night came and I slipped behind my Marshall JCM800 half stack to get a good view. I could feel the heat coming off the back of the amp. It was at that moment, crouching down behind the amp, that I noticed that one of the tubes was not glowing as bright as the other 3. Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to take it to a technician?

Anyone help?

duhvoodooman
May 15th, 2007, 05:09 AM
LMAO!!! :D :D :D You had me hooked there for a minute....

Spudman
May 15th, 2007, 07:35 AM
I saw that one the other day too. How funny.

Justaguyin_nc
May 15th, 2007, 07:44 AM
:( man.. all I can say is... take it into a tech! :rolleyes:

Tim
May 15th, 2007, 08:07 AM
I agree ... you definitely need to seek out some professional help.

Tone2TheBone
May 15th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Dang I wanted to hear the juicy part. :\

pie_man_25
May 16th, 2007, 04:32 PM
man, that is hilarious, but I think your problem is with either the tube, which can be replaced, or the socket, which could be replaced or fixed.
the socket would be harder to fix, so if changing the tubes doesn't work, take it into a tech, I know a lot about this thing but that's the better option.

Ps. do you really think your wife is cheating on you, or is that all a joke?

Spudman
May 16th, 2007, 05:12 PM
man, that is hilarious, but I think your problem is with either the tube, which can be replaced, or the socket, which could be replaced or fixed.
the socket would be harder to fix, so if changing the tubes doesn't work, take it into a tech, I know a lot about this thing but that's the better option.

Ps. do you really think your wife is cheating on you, or is that all a joke?

Dude! I'm laughing so hard I have tears rolling down my face. Thank you for your response. lol:D

pie_man_25
May 16th, 2007, 06:37 PM
/\ dude, I'm serious, I'm pretty worried, although, I'm pretty sure it's a joke.

duhvoodooman
May 17th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Yes, it's a joke. Pretty good one, too! :D

Robert
May 17th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Haha, that is hilarious! I think it's your wife's fault the tube isn't glowing as bright as the others. Have her fix it :)

guitartist
May 17th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Does your wife wear tube tops a lot?