PDA

View Full Version : Jimmie Vaughan - Da5 - Vista - Worked!

Justaguyin_nc
May 15th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Excuse the playing... this is what my Jimmie Vaughan sounds like going thru the switch.. 1-5.. just something the same in each settings... in A... I think? lol.. Vox Da5 on crunch-1 setting (umm without crunch) gain at 11 tone and volume maxed.. thru lineout into Audacity... I think it sounds right.. well, for my ears anyways.. probably out of tune as usual.. Backing is a boss looper I ran the guitar thru into da5.. more or less still trying to get the drivers all to work under windows vista.. they seem to be...

http://www.box.net/shared/9g7jj3plbc

sunvalleylaw
May 15th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Excuse the playing...

http://www.box.net/shared/9g7jj3plbc

Now Justa, doesn't Tone have a thread around here for speaking things like that. :p Seriously, you sound good on your new guitar. The JV seems a real good fit for you. Impressed with the little DA5 I am. Your playing keeps moving along. And you keep posting, unlike me at this time. Thanks for sharing. :)

SuperSwede
May 15th, 2007, 01:37 PM
A nice strat sound... very nice loop.... thanks for that clip...justa :D

zeusse
May 15th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Sounded great dude and when you get all those bugs worked out of Vista I'll hit you up for some info my laptop has Vista but my PC is on XP but i haven't loaded any of my stuff into the laptop because the soundcard doesn't compare with my Soundblaster X-FI Platinum I have on the PC but I might need the laptop for some gigs to add in some sound effects were planning on and I'm not sure if there is any advantage to Vista at the moment because the rest of the PC software currently has compatability issues with Vista.

Justaguyin_nc
May 15th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks guys..I like them both...alot..

doesn't compare with my Soundblaster X-FI Platinum I have on the PC

Even though the X-Fi is much newer then my Audigy 2 zs it seems it has known issues in Vista too.. Like, whats the point of Vista if nothing works in it? lol

Known issues:

This driver does not support the following:
Decoding of Dolby® Digital and DTS™ signals
DVD-Audio
DirectSound®-based EAX games
6.1 speaker mode
Applications from the original Sound Blaster X-Fi CD will not work with this download.

stingx
May 15th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I think your JV sounds fantastic. Never be the first to install any new OS from Microshit. Always wait at least until the first SP is released. That's a well known industry rule of thumb.

ted s
May 15th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Right on Justa !, gotta like it !

Justaguyin_nc
May 18th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys..Im shameless in playing... I don't care how it sounds to others..just to me..lol.. this is just to give an Idea what the DA5 sounds like in other then stellar hands... now imagine if StingX or Robert or Frank or...etc etc had it in their hands!

Here I try a clip with the DA5 on a Higain setting..but with the gain turned down... I likes this little amp with Jimmie...

http://www.box.net/shared/t8z69yc7h5

Justaguyin_nc
July 14th, 2007, 11:29 AM
when you get all those bugs worked out of Vista I'll hit you up for some info my laptop has Vista but my PC is on XP but i haven't loaded any of my stuff into the laptop because the soundcard doesn't compare with my Soundblaster X-FI Platinum I have on the PC but I might need the laptop for some gigs to add in some sound effects were planning on and I'm not sure if there is any advantage to Vista at the moment because the rest of the PC software currently has compatability issues with Vista.

Justa Update ...messing with Vista..

Well, I do not know how to make sense of this ....

On Windows Vista with Audacity I still get those pops and cliping static noise..

I installed Adobe Audition (Cool Edit) and with this program all the static and pops have seemed to go away using the same drivers for audigy...

I thought it was soundblaster audigy drivers that was the issue.. ofcourse there are still features that don't work with audigy and vista

But.. it might now be the mix of Audacity and Vista that are my issues.. or the mix of the three

reinstalling Audacity did not seem to help any..

SuperSwede
July 14th, 2007, 12:26 PM
No updates available for Audacity under Vista? Pops and crackles usually tend to go away when you increase the latency, but it´s not a very good solution. Anything under 10ms usually works pretty well. Does Audacity have a control panel where you can adjust latency (or the audio buffer sizes?). That could help, and you could still have a acceptable latency.

WackyT
July 14th, 2007, 01:27 PM
The big problem with Vista and sound is that all the processing happens in the CPU. As of right now no dedicated processors, such as on Creative cards, work to their potential in Vista. Hopefully this changes in the future.

Jimi75
July 14th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Great sound. Your single note lines bring out the character of this very fine instrument. The looper stuff sounds great and atmoshperic. All positions sound harmonic and well balanced.

Justaguyin_nc
July 15th, 2007, 11:44 AM
No updates available for Audacity under Vista? Pops and crackles usually tend to go away when you increase the latency, but it´s not a very good solution. Anything under 10ms usually works pretty well. Does Audacity have a control panel where you can adjust latency (or the audio buffer sizes?). That could help, and you could still have a acceptable latency.

Yep, it has both settings to play with.. for me..it just will not stop that static sound.. on any setting I have tried changing to... it's not terrible.. it just comes and goes during it's use.. sometimes..it don't come at all..

But so far Auditon just records the sound recieved without the errors..

WackyT mentioned the cpu only in Vista.. but you would think it would handle it the same in both programs, but maybe not.. Audition might just be written that much better...although written before Vista.. dunno...