PDA

View Full Version : Agile AL 3000

TS808
May 15th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Don't know if anyone has purchased one of these guitars, but I recently got an Agile AL-3000 (Les Paul copy) with the slim profile neck and the Cherry Sunburst finish.

Here's my impression: WOW!!!

The guitar is unbelievabley good. Grover tuners, abalone inlays, mahogany body and neck (heavy guitar!), ebony fretboard, Alnico pickups, and nickel plated hardware.

This guitar is amazing, and not just for the price, but amazing overall. No cosmetic flaws, fretwork is as good as my american strats, and a real bone nut.

sunvalleylaw
May 15th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Congrats TS808! Yeah, I've been gassing for one of those at some point. There is a root beer colored one I drool over.

Spudman
May 15th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Congratulations! Those are real nice guitars. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many years to come.

duhvoodooman
May 16th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Pics!!! Clips!!! :DR

Brian Krashpad
May 16th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Pics!!! Clips!!! :DR

Yeah, we need pics for sure!

I have one of the old Agile P-90 Valkyries I got on closeout, great guitar.

Congrats!

Riley
May 18th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Congrats!!!!!!! I bet it's a real nice guitar! Pics, Clips!!!!!! :)

DaveO
May 20th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Looking at one myself. Pics and clips!!!
Dave

TS808
August 8th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I just bought a second...lousy quality picture, but cool guitar..

Spudman
August 8th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Sweet! Nice guitars. I love mine, but I'm not a junkie. I only do Agiles in moderation and only a couple times per week. :D

Bloozcat
August 9th, 2007, 07:15 AM
That's a really nice guitar TS808! I've heard a lot of great things about that model.

I have one of the early 2800 DLX models with the original horn and headstock. I've re-wired it and have Highorder PU's in it and love the guitar. The newer 3000's and 3500's don't really need any modding. They come with good pickups, pots and wiring already.

I picked up an Agile 2500 double cut with P-90's on closeout for $199.99 a while back. I was amazed that the fretwork and overall quality was even better than my "DLX 2800" right out of the box. I can only imagine how much better the 3000's and 3500's must be.

Here's a pic of the DC:
http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z265/Bloozcat/?action=view&current=Picture.jpg

Katastrophe
August 9th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Sweet! Nice guitars. I love mine, but I'm not a junkie. I only do Agiles in moderation and only a couple times per week. :D

I can hear you now..."...but I can quit any time I want, HONEST!";) :D

Beautiful guitars, TS. I just wish Rondo had a store nearby so I could play one of those bad boys, particularly when hooked up to a good Marshall.

kiteman
September 19th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I had my al3000 black beauty for a couple of years. I had to do some work on it to make it play better. I had to cut the nut and leveled the frets and that got the action down. It's a jammin axe and it's loaded with emg 81-60 pups. I had a gfs hot nashville bridge pup before I got the emgs.

djmcconnell
November 12th, 2007, 01:33 PM
I'm a newbie to electrics, so I don't know anything about Agile, but what's the downside (besides not having Gibson on the headstock)?

The prices seem almost too good to be true.

duhvoodooman
November 12th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I've read some comments about uneven build quality, but mostly in their cheaper models. And they often seem to be in need a good setup job when they arrive, but the same could be said of many "big name" guitars. Other than that (and the lack of "Gibson" on the headstock), there doesn't seem to be much downside. People who have 'em--especially the 3000 and higher models--seem to love 'em.

I still want one of THESE (http://www.rondomusic.com/al3100wilkcsb.html)!!

sunvalleylaw
November 12th, 2007, 03:02 PM
This is the one I have had my eye on for a while:

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000rootthin.html

BTW, how do you make your link look just like a word, and not a link?

Adrian30
November 12th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Good taste both of you!

sunvalleylaw
November 12th, 2007, 04:42 PM
This is the one I have had my eye on for a while:

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000rootthin.html

BTW, how do you make your link look just like a word, and not a link?

Like I said in GG's thread about her new Agile, I have looked at the above, and one of these (http://www.hagstromguitars.com/viking.html#) repeatedly (online only). One or the other might be the next guitar addition. Next year maybe. :pancake

fendermojoman
November 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Agile is one of the best kept guitar secrets out there!:rotflmao:

djmcconnell
November 27th, 2007, 04:04 PM
That rootbeer colored 3100 is a beauty!

fendermojoman
December 12th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I've owned a left hand version for 3 years. I have to admit it really is "Gibson upper end quality" sans the electronic pots/switch which I've replaced. Even the stock Alnico Pups are really good! The thing stays in tune better than any of my other 6 guitars and fit - finish are superb. The ebony fretboard and Abalone are excellent too.
The Epiphone LP's don't even belong in the same room with this axe! :AOK:

duhvoodooman
December 12th, 2007, 04:12 PM
The Epiphone LP's don't even belong in the same room with this axe.
You might want to check out the Epi Elitist series LP's before making such a sweeping generalization! Of course, they are significantly more expensive than an Agile, though still far, far from Gibson price levels....

snarph
December 12th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Well I have had many over priced big name guitar Gibsons Fenders PRS

Agile's are nothing to turn your nose up at. When I got mine I expected there to be something I would have to change but nope it was the best set up guitar I have ever got.

There are always exceptions but I had an AL-2000 and it was the same way as far as the basic guitar goes these things are built very well , form fit and function are much better then any thing you'll find from the the major brand s at four or five times the price

LowEndWonder
December 26th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Im gassing for a AL 3100 with the wide neck profile and the Rootbeer Flame Finish!:drool: