PDA

View Full Version : Telecaster ashtray bridge plate - is this normal?

tremoloman
May 16th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Is this how Fender ships replacement bridge parts?

The two center holes aren't circular and there are razor sharp burrs all over it. I know it will work and all, but I was just curious if this is how low quality their parts have become. I'm thinking I should have gone with the Wilkinson now.

kerc
May 16th, 2007, 06:00 PM
It's not normal when it's as bad as that one, Tremolo. I went and looked at the one I have and it have a less-noticeable "burn" in only one of the holes. Other than that, is your bridge plate ok?

kerc
May 16th, 2007, 06:01 PM
By the way, the holes in mine are nicely drilled. It just has very, very slight surface rusting in the inside corners of the top side of the plate around the string holes.

By the way, I have no use for this plate--you want it free?

duhvoodooman
May 16th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Yikes!! Did that come from a reputable source, Trem? When I see something that looks like that, I immediately think "counterfeit"!

ShortBuSX
May 17th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I really doesnt appear to be a stamped part at all...very crude...and even worse around the pickup.

But in all fairness, this is the underside, right? Whats the top side look like? And in all reality, those holes and sharp bits are going to be coverd by the saddles and shouldnt be any real issue, or am I totally missing something?

I guess, if it were me, cost(and immediate need) would be the deciding factors if Id keep it or not...but it does look very crude.

tremoloman
May 17th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the offer Kerc. The top looks OK but the bottom looks AWFUL. The part came in a Fender part bag with the proper part # so I assume its legit. But I DID get it from eBay so you always have to keep that in mind.

I'll try putting it on tonight - if it fits I'll just use it. After all, its just a piece of metal. Robert has shown to me it doesn't matter what you play - if you have chops anything can sing!