PDA

View Full Version : Radio Logic is headed to the studio!

Plank_Spanker
May 19th, 2007, 04:20 PM
After much and quite masterful cat herding, I finally have all the big pieces headed to the studio this coming Saturday to record our demo! :D

We're looking to record six to eight tunes, and the studio we're using produces masterpieces..........:D

WackyT
May 19th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Congrats Plank Spanker! Is this to submit for a record contract?

oldguy
May 19th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Great! Congrats! I knew it'd happen for you!:D
What will you name it?
Personally, I like "Cunning Studio Stunts"
by Radio Logic.

Spudman
May 19th, 2007, 06:28 PM
That's awesome! Glad to hear that it's working out for you.

sunvalleylaw
May 19th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Excellent sir! Glad to hear it.

Plank_Spanker
May 19th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Congrats Plank Spanker! Is this to submit for a record contract?

Nope........................just a good demo to get out to bar owners in search of gigs.

Brian Krashpad
May 20th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Break a leg! Studio is so much fun (though it can be expensive). My main band has a band fund ready to spend on a studio recording, but our turnover rate for members the last few years has kept us from spending it. We're lucky in that a local guy who's worked with all the big local/national indie/punk bands from our town (Less Than Jake, Hot Water Music, etc.) has a nice home studio. I think I finally found a drummer so hopefully in this year we'll finally get bcak to making some kind of DIY record.

pie_man_25
May 20th, 2007, 07:52 AM
that's awesome man! congrats!!! I can only record with the record function on my mp3 player right now so recording sucks, but then again, I'm not trying to get gigs or anything either.

R_of_G
May 22nd, 2007, 04:27 PM
That's fantastic man! Glad to hear the news and looking foward to hearing about the whole studio experience. Make sure someone is video taping it for your eventual documentary.;)

Plank_Spanker
May 22nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
That's fantastic man! Glad to hear the news and looking foward to hearing about the whole studio experience. Make sure someone is video taping it for your eventual documentary.;)

I've done studio work before with other bands, so I'm not exactly nervous about the experience, but I'm really pumped about this band recording. The bar banger road will tell, but so far, this band has the most promise of any that I've been in. I've worked in the studio we're going to use before, and I'm very comfortable with the owner / engineer.

Video, aye? Never thought of that.......................:D

Tone2TheBone
May 22nd, 2007, 05:04 PM
Cool man. Will you be recording with your Germino? If so I wanna hear. Well I wanna hear anyway so if you can...share your stuff! :DR

Plank_Spanker
May 22nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Cool man. Will you be recording with your Germino? If so I wanna hear. Well I wanna hear anyway so if you can...share your stuff! :DR

I'm bringing the Germino, a Johnson, 2 Les Pauls and a Strat to the studio. You will definitely hear the Germino. I'll post some links, but it will be copyrighted material and hopefully not violating the TOS here.............

Tone2TheBone
May 22nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
I'm bringing the Germino, a Johnson, 2 Les Pauls and a Strat to the studio. You will definitely hear the Germino. I'll post some links, but it will be copyrighted material and hopefully not violating the TOS here.............

Excellent. I understand the copyrighted material issue...maybe even just some small snippets of parts of songs would be cool. Good luck Plank!

tot_Ou_tard
May 22nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
Great! Congrats! I knew it'd happen for you!:D
What will you name it?
Personally, I like "Cunning Studio Stunts"
by Radio Logic.
That's priceless Oldguy!

Have fun Planky!!!!

Plank_Spanker
May 24th, 2007, 10:04 AM
"Cunning Radio Stunts, aye?

I love it. So it shall be named.....................:D

I'm starting to get a little obsessive about polishing my lead work for Saturday. Some of these tunes I've only just learned, and I've been going over this stuff since 7 AM this morning.

Must.......................................step... ......................................away........ ...................and............................ ....relax......................:D

oldguy
May 24th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Right on, Plank! Take a break and let the cobwebs clear out, it'll give you a chance to recharge and come back fresh and ready to rock!:D

Plank_Spanker
May 27th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Well, the deed is done! :D We were in the studio for a little over 11 hours and we recorded 8 tracks. Funny thing is we talked about tempo control to great lengths and still played a couple of tracks a tad too fast....................it's a demo..................

I did no overdubbing or punching in - it's pretty much "as you would hear it live". I had a few small clams, but I left them in. I didn't want to go nuts recording a single solo track all night long. Our rhythm picker overdubbed a couple of leads, and we did a few punch-ins to fix up some vocals and bass lines.

Our new singer was a real trooper - 8 tracks of scratch vocals, then 8 tracks of takes, then adding backup vocals. He's probably a little hoarse today. :D

I have a copy of the proof mix to critique and take back to the studio for final mix and mastering. I'm going to see the engineer tonight to have him do some small fixes. Hopefully, I should have the finished product this week.

We had a blast! :D

tot_Ou_tard
May 27th, 2007, 08:08 AM
That's Fantastic Planky!!! I'm glad you had fun & captured the spirit as close to live as possible.

You should sell your demo on the Fret. I'm sure a few of us will pop for one, that'll deal with the copyright issues. You & your band can drink the profits.

Plank_Spanker
May 27th, 2007, 08:44 AM
That's Fantastic Planky!!! I'm glad you had fun & captured the spirit as close to live as possible.

You should sell your demo on the Fret. I'm sure a few of us will pop for one, that'll deal with the copyright issues. You & your band can drink the profits.

Selling it is what would get me in trouble - all of the tunes are covers. The disk will be used with a promo package to help us book gigs. Knowing some bar owners, they'll be used as coasters......................:D

I'm going to upload it to myspace when it's completed, and I'll post links here.

tot_Ou_tard
May 27th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Selling it is what would get me in trouble - all of the tunes are covers. The disk will be used with a promo package to help us book gigs. Knowing some bar owners, they'll be used as coasters......................:D

D'oh...yeah, of course.