PDA

View Full Version : Melissa

TS808
May 20th, 2007, 08:37 AM
I always liked this song, but can't play slide worth a crap...Anyway, I put this together and got my brother do to the vocals. Some of the outro is improvised, but I wanted to capture the feel a bit...

http://www.box.net/shared/pe0bmt3pmu

Tim
May 20th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Not bad! Guitar playing is nice. Your brother did a good job on vocals also. I like that song also.

Jamie O
May 20th, 2007, 09:13 PM
That sounds really good! That song one of my Allmans favorites too.

One suggestion if you can,remix it without the drums, see what it sounds like, cuz it might sound pretty cool. Maybe even with just the guitars and vocals. Def. sounds nice as is though, exellent work.

aeolian
May 21st, 2007, 04:06 PM
Nicely played version. Did you play all the instruments including drums and keyboards? Your brother turned in a good vocal performance. I thought the mix came across as generic. Mixing is an art, I've learning little nuances in that area myself but I've still got a long way to go.

duhvoodooman
May 21st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Well done, TS! Had waves of early 70's memories washing over me there! :D :DR

TS808
May 21st, 2007, 06:28 PM
Nicely played version. Did you play all the instruments including drums and keyboards? Your brother turned in a good vocal performance. I thought the mix came across as generic. Mixing is an art, I've learning little nuances in that area myself but I've still got a long way to go.

I played everything except the drums. The drums are just a loop from Reason.

All the guitar parts (and even the bass) were done on a strat believe it or not.

Mixing has always been the most difficult part for me when completing a project, so feedback is helpful. :)

zeusse
May 22nd, 2007, 12:03 PM
I always like some adlib it adds some personality to a cover and yeah your bro did a pretty good job on the vocals:)