PDA

View Full Version : Travelling Pedal Board Blues

Tone2TheBone
January 18th, 2006, 03:06 PM
:(

You know those handy dandy Velco strips that are supposed to stick on the bottom of our pedals and then stick to the Velco on some pedal boards? Well mine keep coming off. I think what's making them come off is the new Wah pedal I got. It's heavy. Much heavier than the Bad Monkey or my other pedals. And since they're all hooked up together on the board, when it falls during transport (because I don't have it secured right to begin with) they all fall. And by fall I mean the frikken Velco tape has come completely off the bottom of my other pedals (but are still stuck to the other part of the Velcro system of course).

I know most people take the rubber feet off their wah pedals. But if I do that on mine...the screws are too long and I don't want to strip the base forcing them down. They WILL strip. I did see a little plate that you can screw on the bottom of wah pedals that I might have to order online.

http://www.stompin-ground.com/products/sgwahplate.htm

Anyway I got the Travelling Pedal Board Blues.

I still kinda like to have my pedals readily available to me at anytime in any order though like I used to have before I got the pedal board. In some sick way I also love installing batteries in the pedals too! Who knows maybe I might have a pedal board for sale soon.......

Nelskie
January 18th, 2006, 05:21 PM
You like installing batteries . . . ? First time I've heard any guitar player say that. Myself, I HATE batteries, and avoid using them at any cost. I got a hold of this little whirlymagig through MF, and it's the cat's pajamas:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/155051/

Tone2TheBone
January 18th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Nelski,

Yeah I like putting batteries in my pedals. Sick. My pedal board is powered though, I don't know if you can tell by my avatar. When my pedals stick to the dang Velcro it's great. When they don't...its not. I like tinkering with my toys. Putting batteries in, shining up my pedals and guitars, taking kinks out of my chords and cables...all part of the fun of being a geetar man I think.