PDA

View Full Version : Roland Cube 60

250Keith
May 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
I've been going to the music store down the srteet from me and playing alot of different guitars and amps, tube and SS I keep going back to the Cube 60, I live in a higher end town home with people all around me so keeping the amp down is the norm, What is your all thoughts on this amp?
Thanks Keith.

stingx
May 21st, 2007, 08:25 PM
Overkill for playing in the house. I have the Micro Cube and it sounds amazing. I use it a lot for recording. Very versatile amp. The 60 would be great for playing out, even the 30x, but really is overkill if you never intend to leave the house.

ted s
May 21st, 2007, 08:47 PM
I agree with StingX, I've been looking at the 30 myself and did check out the 60. We're in a detatched house, the 30 would more than plenty for my place.

250Keith
May 21st, 2007, 09:21 PM
I will be playing it out of the house also, I like how it sounds at a low volume and the affects are good, I realy would like a tube amp but thay seem to sound good when the tubes are sweeting(loud)
Thanks for the input.

250Keith
June 3rd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Well I have not decided on the cube, its 345 and dont come with foot pedals and you need three, and there 25 a pop, so I've been looking at the Triggerman 60DSP by Epiphone for 270 and there foot pedal is 22 bucks sometimes it ships with the amp, and I realy like the looks of the Triggerman and it sounds good on the clean channel, so I'am working up to a question, do the modeling guitar processors work good like the Digiteck RP250 I have read some on these units but thay dont talk about infront of amps alot mostly for computers.
Just looking for some feedback from you all:DR
Thanks Keith.

jpfeifer
June 4th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I own one of these cube60 amps. I bought one for my daughter when she started playing with some friends in a garage band. I also use it around the house when I'm teaching guitar or something. I've taken it out to use at some gigs, such as coffee shops and small clubs. It really sounds amazing. I love the amp models and effects. It's a quality amp and very versatile, and durable. I highly reccomend it.

-- Jim

250Keith
June 4th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks for your input jpfeifer, I do like the cube but I think I mite go in a different direction, 60DSP 112 combo and the Digitech RP250, I found all the clips on the Digitech site and it sounded great pluged in to a amp, so many sounds and options, but then agian I mite change my mind agian :D
Keith

Wuchak
June 11th, 2007, 02:08 PM
What about something like the Roland CM-30 cube monitor to go with the RP250? http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=663

It should provide a nice clean amplification of the RP's models for $199. Plus you can link them so you could have one for each channel and take advantage of the RP's stereo processing.

from Roland's site:
Versatile and portable, the new CM-30 CUBE Monitor delivers 30 watts of audio punch through a rugged, high-quality 6.5" coaxial 2-way speaker with stereo preamp. The CM-30 is ideal for home-studio and wide-ranging monitoring applications, but it can be used for live monitoring onstage as well.

* Ultra-versatile monitor for studio, stage, and more
* 6.5" coaxial, 2-way speaker with stereo preamp
* 30-watt output
* 3 input channels, with one XLR input for mic/line and 2 additional Aux inputs
* Stereo Link function for stereo connection between two units, for a total of up to 8 stereo inputs and 2 mono mic/line inputs
* Metal grill cover, corner protectors, and handle grip for easy transport

250Keith
June 11th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Welcome Wuchak, I have a 15watt amp now I will use that with the RP250, the 250 has a drum machine that will come in handy, and it will work for when my friends come up from cal, and I think it will help me with my start with playing with music on the computer, Thanks for the info.
Keith.

SuperSwede
June 12th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Keith, you should check out Hughes & Kettner. They have some excellent sounding ss/hybrid amps that sounds great. I dont think that the "edition series" amps are very expensive, but they sound really good.

Robert
June 12th, 2007, 07:28 AM
I see lots of raving about the Cube 60 on other forums. I haven't tried one, but it seems like a fantastic sounding amp and the best thing since sliced bread, judging from the comments! I expect the Vox ADxxVT wouldn't be too far off though.

250Keith
June 12th, 2007, 04:34 PM
SS I'll take a look and see what thay got, Robert the Cube 60 is a very nice amp but you have to bye three separate foot pedals and there 364 or so for the amp with out the foot pedals that will bring the price up to over 400, the Epiphone 60DSP is 270 and the RP250 is 150 so for alittle more money I will have more to play with, basically more bang for the buck :D. after I get this stuff I'm going to play with getting a tube amp.
I just got off work and I'm going to have a COLD ONE! :DR
Cheers Keith.

250Keith
June 17th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Update I came across a Valve Standard new for 250.00 bucks it's got 3 12ax7s and 2 EL84s I cant pass it up! I'll pick it up end of next week :DR
I feel like a spaz looking around for these Amps :D but it sure is fun.
Keith.

TS808
June 17th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I see lots of raving about the Cube 60 on other forums. I haven't tried one, but it seems like a fantastic sounding amp and the best thing since sliced bread, judging from the comments! I expect the Vox ADxxVT wouldn't be too far off though.

I have to agree here. The cool thing about the AD**VT series is that you can drop them down to as low as one watt, or as high as 30, 50, or 100 depending on which model you have. They are in the same price range as the Cube, sound pretty darn good, and offer more flexibility. Personally, I like the versatility of a modeling amp as opposed to a solid state or a small tube combo.

Robert
August 27th, 2007, 07:27 AM
I played a gig in my friend's music store on Saturday. I used a Cube 60 and a Hagstrom Viking.

Wow, I was very impressed with both the amp and the guitar. The amp has a nicer bottom end than the Vox. It sounded beautiful for blues and jazz. The clean tone is very tube-like. Hgwever, it didn't work as well with my dirt pedals as the Vox Valvetronix.

There are so many good amps out there these days! It's a good time to be a guitar player with GAS.

SuperSwede
August 27th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I played a gig in my friend's music store on Saturday. I used a Cube 60 and a Hagstrom Viking.

Wow, I was very impressed with both the amp and the guitar. The amp has a nicer bottom end than the Vox. It sounded beautiful for blues and jazz. The clean tone is very tube-like. Hgwever, it didn't work as well with my dirt pedals as the Vox Valvetronix.

There are so many good amps out there these days! It's a good time to be a guitar player with GAS.

Yup, the cube sounds amazing. The only thing that boss/roland still havent figured out how to do properly are the sounds between clean and overdrive. Vox has a much more classy "breakup" type of sound imho.

Robert
August 27th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Agreed, SS. The clean sound was amazing, but hard to get something in between clean and real dirty.

It would be a very good blues and jazz amp.

250Keith
August 27th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Yup, the cube sounds amazing. The only thing that boss/roland still havent figured out how to do properly are the sounds between clean and overdrive. Vox has a much more classy "breakup" type of sound imho.

And come up with a foot switch, I stead of having to bye three, it bugged me enough not to get it.